📣 News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 x 12 = $300, so be prepared for that kind of pricing structure.

My guess:

1. Offering
  2. Close To You
  3. Carpenters
  4. A Song For You
  5. Now & Then
  6. Horizon
  7. A Kind Of Hush
  8. Passage
  9. Made In America
  10. Voice Of The Heart
  11. Lovelines
  12. Either Christmas Portrait (Special Edition) or As Time Goes By
I doubt we'll get any kind of bonus disc, live album or solo material.

I'm thinking "The Singles" and the original "Christmas Portrait" would be included rather than "Lovelines" or "As Time Goes By." Me, personally...I'd buy "Lovelines" on vinyl for sure if it was available, and maybe "Offering" (only if it reproduced the original sleeve). The rest of my Carpenters vinyl sounds good as is...it would take a pretty attractive bonus for me to consider putting down another $300 on a boxed set of material I already own in multiple formats. Exciting to see them all released again nonetheless.

I would spring for "Offering" if it were in its original LP sleeve- I have an original copy that I don't play to preserve it (but unfortunately it's a little warped). Heck I'd buy it even if it was "Ticket to Ride", because I love that album. I already have two copies of some of my other LPs, like "Carpenters" and "Now and Then"... :D

I would buy "Lovelines" on LP because it's the only one I don't have.

My guess:

1. Offering
  2. Close To You
  3. Carpenters
  4. A Song For You
  5. Now & Then
  6. Horizon
  7. A Kind Of Hush
  8. Passage
  9. Made In America
  10. Voice Of The Heart
  11. Lovelines
  12. Either Christmas Portrait (Special Edition) or As Time Goes By
I doubt we'll get any kind of bonus disc, live album or solo material.

My guess would include The Singles 1969-1973 and KC solo, instead of Voice Of The Heart and Lovelines.

I'm already wondering about packaging. A big shiny CarpenterS logo. Oh gee whiz. If I come across any promo items I'll share them here. Think about this release. Its massive. Albums and box set. I'm dying to know the vinyl quality. That could be the major selling point to audiophiles.

I'd like to know who is mastering this set? I hope they don't use the masters from the remastered classics series some of those are pretty muddy sounding to me.

I've seen on Facebook that someone said the set is due for release on 17th November. Is that finalised and official?

Thanks. I'll admit I skimmed the previous posts. I'm so excited about the new release. I can't wait.

Having a very "spotty" Carpenters LP collection, I own just seven of the albums, I believe it would be a worthy investment personally. I am going to have to seriously cut into my beer budget :cry:! I'll tell you one thing, I would play the crap out of these records. I take very good care of my vinyl albums and I wouldn't buy this collection just to sit on the shelf. And that idea about the "colored vinyl" is very intriguing! I should probably upgrade my turntable though:idea:...Here we go, $$$!!

Thrilled to see the number of folks who intend to acquire this Set.
As with the Japan Singles Set and the PBS Singles Set, I have no plans to acquire.
As I still 'collect' the extant singles and albums in various incarnations, I have no need
of this new set.
In fact, the only way I will purchase another 'new' item is if it contains (at least) an unreleased song.
Barring that circumstance, my wallet is closed.

Hi,
I wrote to Richard in September. One thing I asked was are there any plans for the 50th. He replied to me a few weeks later. He said "At the moment there are no plans for the 50th but I'm certain that there will be in the next couple of years"
and here's the exciting part..
"A Vinyl box set containing all of our Studio Albums will be released in the near future"

this is huge news and very exciting. I have been waiting for 6 months now and still haven't heard any news. Does anyone have any news? Will "As Time Goes By" or the Solo albums be included"

*the quote is a section of the letter and is copied and not edited
to which address did you send your correspondence? I know the old PO Box is no longer valid, as has been the case with the Thousand Oaks PO Box. Thx!

Can’t wait for this, my mum is also going to buy it!. Hoping that they use offering cover rather than the Ticket To Ride version, that would cut out all the high prices we are potentially having to consider buying the original pressing. Hoping that this comes with a hard back book , hinged box with embossed carpenters logo on the front.

This is so exciting isn’t it wish there were a few teasers image wise online but haven’t located anything as yet?. Maybe the hinged box is asking to much but I can dream, can’t I? ( song in there somewhere ).

It'll be interesting to see what they plan to put on this set given that apart from Offering, the two Christmas albums and Lovelines, the rest of their albums are still very easy to acquire on vinyl in good condition very cheaply. I'm not sure how much take-up there would be in the market to buy all of these again without some form of extras being included.

Releasing Offering in its original sleeve would certainly be a draw. I'd love to have a copy of Karen's solo album on vinyl, but only if they changed that awful sleeve it was given in 1996.

Reading the Amazon reviews on that Lennon set is disheartening. Lots of reviewers claim that the vinyl skips - and that even returned/second sets still skip.

Sounds like Universal's pressings aren't the best.

My fervent hope is a high grade vinyl. Not that it will be played...the box set. Probably picking up individuals for spinning. Already have a new stylus in mind. This is such a novelty. The demographic has changed to include younger audiophiles. This could be a delightful resurgence. Just hearing them in the record world 2017. They're staying relevant over at Universal. If this sells well THEN we might see KAREN CARPENTER released.

It will be interesting...Can you imagine how this forum will just blow up once this set is released! It will be talked about intensely for the foreseeable future. I am hoping for the best; great vinyl, covers, and inner sleeves. A "cut above" in quality. I would go ballistic if I shelled out $300+ and the vinyl started "skipping"!! It would be nice if little booklets specific to the album, were included also. One thing is for sure, the rabid fans and collectors will be buying from the get-go. Personally, I think I will hang back a bit, and wait for some reviews to come in. This forum will be a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom