šŸ“£ News Carpenters: "The Vinyl Collection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it amazing Wayne that they didn't know and said they would update their website, so I guess they have!

I ordered on Amazon and it showed this, this morning:

Arriving Fri, Nov 17
Pre-ordered

The Vinyl Collection
Carpenters
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$165.75
Release date: Friday, November 17, 2017

EDIT: DOH! Didn't think the "track package" link would actually work - removed.

Last edited:
Found it amazing Wayne that they didn't know and said they would update their website, so I guess they have!

Will be very strange indeed if amazon customers get their box sets on release day?, I hope this isnā€™t Spin ā€œ spinning us a yarn?ā€ , a few more weeks earning interest on our already paid for goods isnā€™t good?. I donā€™t know why they take payment for pre orders immediately and Amazon donā€™t until they have sent the items out?.
Iā€™ve never ordered anything off of them and did because the price was incredibly competitive compared to any other U.K. seller?, I just hope they send these box sets out!. Itā€™s terrific that they are doing it at such a great price, but equally Iā€™m worried about the deal coming to fruition?.
Amazon U.K. have this box set at Ā£255 and similar price at Universal U.K. , how can Spin purchase copies and make a profit at Ā£129, surely they canā€™t be getting their copies for such a low price?. I hope so and if we get ours Iā€™ll be happy and then some.
On the same subject vinyl costs are increasing at the moment so Spins pre order price is bound to go up considerably when it comes out.

Last edited:

Do you think Sue that they have updated their website based on your email or conversation with them only?, and not actually asked the supplier?. If they didnā€™t know before you informed them that would suggest they havenā€™t had any notification of a postponed release date by official sources?. If Spin havenā€™t been informed of anything then they would still be expecting the release before the 17th to send out to the customers whom have pre ordered?. The plot thickens!.
I do find it amazing that the Supplier Universal are selling this at practically twice as much as Spin?, it doesnā€™t seem logical that the company who are making the set canā€™t sell it at the lowest price?, what do you think?. I was thinking when I pre ordered that it canā€™t be correct as the manufacturer surely must be able to sell this at the lowest profit margin?.

Last edited:
I ordered on Amazon and it showed this, this morning:

Arriving Fri, Nov 17
Pre-ordered

The Vinyl Collection
Carpenters
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$165.75
Release date: Friday, November 17, 2017

EDIT: DOH! Didn't think the "track package" link would actually work - removed.

I'm starting to wonder if this delay is specific to the U.K. only. Seems like the US outlets are still on the original release schedule. And if all goes with original release date and plan, if you order through Amazon you should receive the package the *day of* the release (they actually receive it beforehand).

I'm starting to wonder if this delay is specific to the U.K. only. Seems like the US outlets are still on the original release schedule. And if all goes with original release date and plan, if you order through Amazon you should receive the package the *day of* the release (they actually receive it beforehand).

Iā€™m hoping this is just a case of logistics and getting the items over to the U.K.? In the first place to send out to the customer. If ā€œSpin CDā€ supply the item I will be shopping there as my ā€œgo toā€ record establishment from then on.

Wayne, this is what their email said in response to my question about release date.

Hi Sue, you are correct, release date is now Dec 8th so i will update the website.
Cheers
Spin

I guess we have to watch this space!

Will be very strange indeed if amazon customers get their box sets on release day?, I hope this isnā€™t Spin ā€œ spinning us a yarn?ā€ , a few more weeks earning interest on our already paid for goods isnā€™t good?. I donā€™t know why they take payment for pre orders immediately and Amazon donā€™t until they have sent the items out?.
Iā€™ve never ordered anything off of them and did because the price was incredibly competitive compared to any other U.K. seller?, I just hope they send these box sets out!. Itā€™s terrific that they are doing it at such a great price, but equally Iā€™m worried about the deal coming to fruition?.
Amazon U.K. have this box set at Ā£255 and similar price at Universal U.K. , how can Spin purchase copies and make a profit at Ā£129, surely they canā€™t be getting their copies for such a low price?. I hope so and if we get ours Iā€™ll be happy and then some.
On the same subject vinyl costs are increasing at the moment so Spins pre order price is bound to go up considerably when it comes out.

As of this morning, Amazon has begun to set the wheels in motion on this end, so I expect my boxes will ship tomorrow, arrive by Friday as scheduled.

As of this morning, Amazon has begun to set the wheels in motion on this end, so I expect my boxes will ship tomorrow, arrive by Friday as scheduled.

Itā€™s a shame we canā€™t all get them at the same time?, two weeks of hopefully drooling by the positive reaction from all our USA friends across the pond!!. Can imagine it now ā€œamazing and faithful reproductions, accurate sound qualityā€ , if thatā€™s the case two weeks or three weeks is well worth the wait for me!.

Itā€™s a shame we canā€™t all get them at the same time?, two weeks of hopefully drooling by the positive reaction from all our USA friends across the pond!!.

Yeah it's a little bizarre to say the least. I've tried my best to try and get some inside "preview" on this set, but for scheduling and logistical reasons it just has been difficult.

I'm in touch with Richard quite often, but he has a pretty busy schedule these days so it's hard to nail anything down. I've been in touch with some folks at Capitol to try and speak with Ron McMaster, mastering engineer on the project. However, Universal has been in limbo with a change with their PR rep, so there's some political nonsense you now have to go through if you want any information "on the record" (pun intended) about label official releases so-to-speak.

If I can gain any further insights, I will post here as more info develops.

Being on a fixed income, I just can't afford the boxed set but will buy them individually. A seller on Ebay usually sells the 180 gram LP's for around $22 free shipping so I will go that route

I noticed the price has jumped up on Amazon UK also gone up on Spin by Ā£10. Glad I ordered early!

Some of the domestic online retailers now showing in stock, so it looks the the original U.S. release date is still in tact for those interested.

Some of the domestic online retailers now showing in stock, so it looks the the original U.S. release date is still in tact for those interested.

Yes, I just received a confirmation email from Amazon that mine has shipped and will be received this Friday, as scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom