The GOLD / LOVE SONGS anomaly

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
A year or so ago, I began seeing eBay listings for something called GOLD: LOVE SONGS. What perplexed me was the fact that the cover looked like a reproduction of ABBA's GOLD, complete with the four-pronged crown (supposedly representing the four members of ABBA.) It looks like this in the eBay listings:

s-l500.jpg

Wanting to verify this for the resource, I ordered one of these, but what came in the mail was a rather ordinary-looking LOVE SONGS CD with German manufacture markings.

I'm still trying to find out if that black cover really exists. One thing that's unsettling is the fact that every image I see of that is the same exact jpeg, with the same white markings in the black area.

Has anyone ever run across this in real life? Could it be a slipcover from some territory?

If you type in the EAN reference, this comes up which seems to be the norm and mainly on ebay with that number, but some do not have an image at all. Seems a bit suspicious to me - a bit of Photoshop, but maybe someone else knows something.

s-l500.jpg

I ordered one of these from the states last year, but it never turned up and had to be refunded.
I only bought it because I hadn't seen it before, so it was just something to add to the collection. I was rather disappointed at the time.
bought it from these guys;

CARPENTERS - GOLD: LOVE SONGS NEW CD | eBay
A year or so ago, I began seeing eBay listings for something called GOLD: LOVE SONGS. What perplexed me was the fact that the cover looked like a reproduction of ABBA's GOLD, complete with the four-pronged crown (supposedly representing the four members of ABBA.) It looks like this in the eBay listings:

s-l500.jpg

Wanting to verify this for the resource, I ordered one of these, but what came in the mail was a rather ordinary-looking LOVE SONGS CD with German manufacture markings.

I'm still trying to find out if that black cover really exists. One thing that's unsettling is the fact that every image I see of that is the same exact jpeg, with the same white markings in the black area.

Has anyone ever run across this in real life? Could it be a slipcover from some territory?

Sorry If I am at the wrong place to reply a statement about a listing here but It looks to me like the Polar Record Company, who I know that all of the old and new released that Polar Records from Abbas hometown and probably handles the releases for US Gold product and no one ever was affected by it being there. It would be interesting to see what the difference in Quality. I think that leg of the label there is how they already had artwork drawn up. My best guess As I've said before I am going to say it again. I know I clicked on a different box or two earlier. Good days ahead everyone

s-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpg
It

Ted - I’m try to see what is in your double posts above which look exactly the same as the original post. Have you discovered something new about this release.

Ted - I’m try to see what is in your double posts above which look exactly the same as the original post. Have you discovered something new about this release.
Sorry for the late reply but that was simply an accident by posting twice. I had a bit of a flu bug and I believe I hit post before I realized I didn't complete what I was trying to say. Sorry my friend!

Back
Top Bottom