Actual "Canta" 45

I have that song on 45. that girls talents still amaze me!

s-l1600.jpg

I really enjoy listening to the entire song in Spanish for it does not sound pieced together! I would love to find an original that has not been damaged by an turntable with improper settings for Karen sounds like she is singing into the ground from improper weight settings and maybe a worn needle. But still, what a treasure! Thanks for posting.

Ha ok I'm dizzy watching that turntable. Unfortunately that turntable has got some speed issues. This sounds like the same single that appears on From The Top one at the correct speed and time.

Ha ok I'm dizzy watching that turntable. Unfortunately that turntable has got some speed issues. This sounds like the same single that appears on From The Top one at the correct speed and time.

Not quite - there's a line from the English version that was flown in for the FROM THE TOP CD. There are three possibilities here. Either the translation to Spanish was deemed unsatisfactory after the fact, Karen's pronunciation of the Spanish on that line was somehow faulty, or whatever was used for the master was somehow faulty. If you listen to the FROM THE TOP version, you can just about hear the brighter-sounding fly-in on that line.

Hmm interesting, Japan must have pressed a bunch of these so it shouldn't be too hard to acquire one. I can't say that I've played Canta all that much.

I would think both Spain and any Latin American countries.

I really enjoy listening to the entire song in Spanish for it does not sound pieced together! I would love to find an original that has not been damaged by an turntable with improper settings for Karen sounds like she is singing into the ground from improper weight settings and maybe a worn needle. But still, what a treasure! Thanks for posting.
I think the other issue is that the person was just recording the ambient sound on their phone or camera without taking a direct line out of the turntable.

Not quite - there's a line from the English version that was flown in for the FROM THE TOP CD. There are three possibilities here. Either the translation to Spanish was deemed unsatisfactory after the fact, Karen's pronunciation of the Spanish on that line was somehow faulty, or whatever was used for the master was somehow faulty. If you listen to the FROM THE TOP version, you can just about hear the brighter-sounding fly-in on that line.

It could be that Richard just wasn't 100% happy with how it sounded. It's very rapid-fire and stacatto with the syllables, something that doesn't let Karen's voice shine as much as long legato notes would. And as we know, if Richard doesn't think it's perfect, he'll change it.

Back
Top Bottom