An interesting review...

ABBAFANUSA

I was doing some research in old 'Record World' magazines and spotted this single review for "Beechwood 4-5789" from the final issue in 1982. No wonder the magazine ended :confused:

Carpentersreview.png

Thanks for posting, I’ve never seen the full review. It was referenced in the Coleman biography that one review of their latest single absentmindedly referred to them as “Richard and Linda”. It’s obviously this one.

P.S. Great username, I’m also a huge fan :phones:

Those guys produced some incredible records!

ABBA fan here as well. I had a friend that had the typical view music snobs have, of acts like the C's and ABBA. Turns out he loved the Chess musical...when I told him to look up the names Benny Anderson and Bjorn Ulvaeus as relates the music, he was wowed and had a whole new appreciation for their talent.

Welcome ABBAFANUSA . Big fan here too. You answered my Frida poster solo question on the old ABBA forum :wink: A fairly famous fan you are given your name mentioned in a lot the cd booklets recently.

Back to my favourite duo who is this Linda? McCartney I wonder? serious journalism obviously.

Darren.

Back to my favourite duo who is this Linda? McCartney I wonder? serious journalism obviously.
Sloppy mistake, with no editorial oversight to correct it. The reviewer must've been absentmindedly thinking of another duo: Richard and Linda Thompson.

As has been noted above.

I wouldn't say "No editorial oversight." It was just a mistake. Billboard was and is a weekly magazine, with a huge number of contributors. Mistakes happen, and considering the enormous amount of information in a typical Billboard (and considering almost none of it was done on computers back then), it's surprising there aren't more.

Back
Top Bottom