London theatre show this weekend 'Rainy Days and Mondays'

LondonRobert

Hi friends,

There is a new London fringe theatre show this weekend.
I've only just noticed it and have quickly booked a ticket for this evening.
This is a link to the theatre -

London Theatre Workshop

It's a small theatre and I've never been there before.
However, it's a show all about the Carpenters and it has three leading ladies.

This is their twitter link which gives some more details -

Lon Theatre Workshop (@LTWCity) | Twitter

It might lead to a full west end run perhaps!!
SO pleased by chance i found this, if anyone else is in London, then you might like to go - tickets are reasonable at only 15 pounds.

Best wishes,
Rob

Hi Rob I'm going to see this tomorrow evening. Hoping its a good show and looking forward to a good evening listening to Carpenter songs.

Hi Rob I'm going to see this tomorrow evening. Hoping its a good show and looking forward to a good evening listening to Carpenter songs.

You're in for a treat Sue - it's a great show, some great singing.
I won't give too much away but obviously it's mostly hits, but a few album tracks amongst them.
Highlight for me was beautifully sung ' where do i go from here '

Rob

Reactions: Sue
Hi Rob it was a lovely little production with fantastic singing. There were obvious limitations because of only a piano but we thoroughly enjoyed it. The three lead singers were excellent and what beautiful strong voices. I hope someone encourages them/gives them a chance to develop the show into a bigger theatre production.

Hi Rob it was a lovely little production with fantastic singing. There were obvious limitations because of only a piano but we thoroughly enjoyed it. The three lead singers were excellent and what beautiful strong voices. I hope someone encourages them/gives them a chance to develop the show into a bigger theatre production.
Yes, i agree Sue. I'm sure it would do very well.
what with mamma mia, thriller, bat out of hell, the take that 'the band', the carole king musical etc, i think its about time we had a Carpenters one.

Reactions: Sue
Yes, i agree Sue. I'm sure it would do very well.
what with mamma mia, thriller, bat out of hell, the take that 'the band', the carole king musical etc, i think its about time we had a Carpenters one.

I was talking to someone about this very subject today and the main issue is that the majority of the songs known to the general public are slow and somewhat depressing. There’s very little you could use to turn Carpenters’ catalogue into a barnstorming hit musical.

The setting for the production was not what quite you would expect for a tribute to the carpenters but it worked well because they were not trying to replicate anything. It was a celebration of Carpenters songs and not telling a story. The songs were presented in a variety of ways and extremely well sung, in their own personal style. It was just lovely see and hear a younger generation celebrating and enjoying Carpenters Music.

I would love a musical to be produced, there can't be that many artists that have shared so much about their early lives, careers and struggles with the general public. As long as it was focused mainly on the music side of their lives.

Back
Top Bottom