Gibson files for reorganization

These are sad times especially now even the instrument makers are being affected it seems no industry is safe from debt and adversity

These are sad times especially now even the instrument makers are being affected it seems no industry is safe from debt and adversity
...And electronic crapola. I don't mind electronically generated music at times (I have a piano app for learning), but there is a time and place for the real instruments. :uhhuh:

Gibson had it coming--they bought up numerous other companies they couldn't afford. They could have remained profitable had they stuck to their bread and butter. Seems this happens to quite a few companies. Even K-Mart--remember when they owned Sports Authority, Builder's Square, Border's Books, and others? They ended up selling those off, and now they are only left with a handful of run down, dumpy stores.

Gibson had it coming--they bought up numerous other companies they couldn't afford. They could have remained profitable had they stuck to their bread and butter. Seems this happens to quite a few companies. Even K-Mart--remember when they owned Sports Authority, Builder's Square, Border's Books, and others? They ended up selling those off, and now they are only left with a handful of run down, dumpy stores.
Seems to be what they want to get back to -- their reorganization plan is to sell the electronics stuff and stick with guitars.

Which I approve of. Stick to guitars. Fire Henry J, get someone from within who knows the core business. Promote him from within. Get rid of the excessive lineup of guitars, concentrate on the Epiphones, the regular core Gibson designs, and improve employee morale, and quality control. Do what Gibson does best. With time and patience, and getting the mom and pop remaining good dealers back in practical hands and letting them sell what they can sell, the ship will be OK for many years.

Back
Top Bottom