Buying HAP CDs - Safest Way

SteveM

I've been dragging my heals when it comes to buying the HAP cd reissues, mainly because I've been overhauling my cd/lp collection and did not want to add any new inventory until done (yes, it has taken more than a year).

So now I'm ready and my intention was to order the cds from Dusty Groove, because they ship everything in cd-sized cardboard boxes and I've never gotten a damaged cd from them. Except when I got to their website I found they are not stocking the Herb cds. Now what?

I really don't want to order from Amazon, because they ship their cds in those flimsy bubble wrap envelopes. And since the HAP cds are in cardboard digipaks, you can bet they will arrive bent and creased in multiple ways.

So, fellow Cornerites, I wonder if any of you can recommend an online music retailer who ships somewhat more securely than Amazon. If I'm going to spend good money on Herb's cds I'd like a decent chance at receiving undamaged product.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

All I can say is that I ordered all of them through Amazon and none of them were damaged in any way.
I too ordered mine from Amazon and I haven't had any problems I wish you well in completing your CD collection

I also ordered from Amazon and had no problems. Of course I was sometimes ordering books too, so some of mine came in boxes.

If you're serious about getting these CDs, I wouldn't drag my heels too much longer. Nothing official, but they've been around now for a couple of years, and things don't stay in print that long these days.

I'm sure that whenever these do start to go out of print, they'll do so in reverse order of popularity, so that the lesser-sellers disappear first.

We've been down this road several times before and seen how it goes. I can't imagine it's much different this time, except perhaps that because downloads will probably stay available, the CDs could go out of print even quicker.

If you're serious about getting these CDs, I wouldn't drag my heels too much longer. Nothing official, but they've been around now for a couple of years, and things don't stay in print that long these days.

I'm sure that whenever these do start to go out of print, they'll do so in reverse order of popularity, so that the lesser-sellers disappear first.

We've been down this road several times before and seen how it goes. I can't imagine it's much different this time, except perhaps that because downloads will probably stay available, the CDs could go out of print even quicker.
Very True and for many of us ( including myself) who missed out on many of the First CD issues in the 80s I know I was very blessed to be able to practically get at least one digital CD copy of every album in the Discography with the exception of JYAM and I always Been saying here "Get them while they are availible". Or as one music catalog would put it " Buy now Or Repent later".

Harry, Bob, Dee,
Thanks so much for your response. Glad to hear you have had good experiences with Amazon. It's been a while since I've ordered cds from them, so I will give it a go.
Thanks again.

If you order a bunch of CDs, it's more likely they will arrive in a box.

The other thing is, if you have any damaged product, no matter how slight the damage is, just return the item. They'll ship you a new one. I've bought lots of CDs from Amazon and have never had a problem.

Harry, Bob, Dee,
Thanks so much for your response. Glad to hear you have had good experiences with Amazon. It's been a while since I've ordered cds from them, so I will give it a go.
Thanks again.
Glad I can try to help and Best wishes to you

Mike,
Great idea about ordering "a bunch of cds" in order to increase my chances of getting a box. I will be ordering a bunch!

Downloads I'm pretty sure will be one of those "from here to eternity" things, as there is no money involved in manufacturing or distribution. But since physical CDs are on the way out, I definitely would be grabbing all that I could, and starting with the less popular titles. Whipped Cream on the other hand will probably outlive us all. :laugh:

I did get all of the vinyl, and it is still available as well.

Quick update: my HAP cds arrived in a box, as Mike predicted, and in perfect shape, as everyone else said they would!
Excellent!! :thumbsup:

In a way, I sort of miss having the CDs with the packaging around. (I downloaded all of these as high-res files from HDTracks and Acoustics Sounds.) It would be nice to have an entire set. Yet, the way I play digital music these days, I rip a CD (or SACD, BluRay Audio, etc.) immediately to the server and store the discs and packaging away, so owning the CDs really doesn't make sense for me anymore. The vinyl is a different experience, so those remain out on my shelves.

Quick update: my HAP cds arrived in a box, as Mike predicted, and in perfect shape, as everyone else said they would!
Congratulations SteveM I rejoice with you may you have Many great years of listening enjoyment from your HAP Cds

. Whipped Cream on the other hand will probably outlive us all. :laugh:

Right you are And considering it's existence predates my birth by 2 years it was around before me and most likely it will be around Long after I'm Gone from this life but I'm only 50 so it appears safe to say I expect to be around hopefully another 50 years

Back
Top Bottom