What does your ENTIRE collection consist of?

Kristopher

Thought it would be fun to compare what everyone has possibly trade or have pride and trade stories how we got such rarities.

Vinyl:
Offering X3
Ticket to ride (Standard) X3
Ticket To Ride (UK editions with flowers)
Close To You X3
Carpenters (Envelope) X3
A Song For You With flap X3
Now&Then X3
Singles 1969-1973 X3
Live In Japan X2
Horizon X4
Kind Of Hush X4
Live at the palladium X3
Passage X3
Christmas Portrait X2
Singles 74-78 X2
Made In America X4 (One Is Sealed)
Voice Of The Heart X4 (One Is Sealed)
An Old Fashioned Christmas X2
Yesterday once More US X3
Yesterday Once More German
Time X3
Lovelines X4

Cassette
Ticket To Ride
Close To You
Time
Yesterday once more X2 (Two Sets)
An Old Fashioned Christmas

8 Tracks

Offering
Ticket To Ride X2
Close To You X3
Carpenters X4
A Song For You X2
Now &Then X2
Singles 69-73 X2
Horizon X2
Kind Of Hush X2
Passage X3
Made In America X2
Voice Of The Heart X2
Yesterday Once More

CDS

ALL MY STUDIO Studio albums are of the Remastered Classics unless stated otherwise.*

Offering Mini LP 2016 X3* (one came sealed with Offering in front instead of Ticket To Ride. (Packaging Mistake? Left it sealed)
Ticket To Ride First Press SEALED LONG BOX
Ticket To Ride X4 (One is sealed)
Close To You X3 (2 are sealed)
Carpenters X4 (2 are sealed)
A Song For You X4 (One is sealed)
Now & Then X3 (One Is Sealed)
Live In Japan* X2
Singles X3 1969-1973 X3
Horizon X3 (2 are sealed)
Kind Of Hush X3 (2 are sealed)
Passage X3 (Two are sealed)
Live At The Paladium* (Pickwick)
Singles 1974-1978* 1998 Issue X3
Made In America X3 (One is sealed)
Voice Of The Heart X3 (One is sealed)
Original German Christmas Portrait*
Yesterday Once More X3
Yesterday Once More* 1985
Time* X2 (Japanese copy is factory sealed)
Lovelines X3
Interpretations 2001 Remastered X3 (One is sealed)
Interpretations* (USA)
Christmas Collection* X2
Love Songs*
Singles 69-1981*
Carpenter Performs Carpenter*
As Time Goes* By X2
Gold X2
Karen Carpenter*
From The Top* (Original square box size of a record first pressing)

iTunes digital. I BOUGHT EVERYTHING

Other:
Every fan news letter original with trifolds, posters, and a pin from the fanclub.

Special Book “Decade”

Karen Carpenters official funeral program sent to my mother from the fan club.

Last edited:
Oh one of my Golds has the DVD with the Music videos. Is it the same as the Yesterday Once More VHS? and I totally forgot to list my 45s lol

Oh one of my Golds has the DVD with the Music videos. Is it the same as the Yesterday Once More VHS? and I totally forgot to list my 45s lol

these are both exactly the same. Another one that's packaged differently, but is also the same, is the DVD docu` `Close to you Remembering the Carpenters`, I have three of them, but I`m sure there`s more.

I have that `Yesterday once more` collection on VCD ..... remember those :)

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

That only yesterday case looks gorgeous. I used to have the Yesterday Once More VHS (still have an order form mint condition) but I wore it out till kingdom come.
you've only just begun to scratch the surface when compared to some of the fans in this forum.

What’s on your list? I thought I had almost everything. So many compilations I remember a reflections and a Beechwood compilation somewhere. Beechwood is favorite song from Made In america.

Too many to list but I count the Japanese singles box set, some Japanese 3” CD singles (in the long cardboard jackets), tour programs and the SACD Singles compilation among my most prized possessions.

I have at least one of every domestic title. The only things I have that would be considered collectible these days are the Mobile Fidelity version of A Song For You, and I have a box set called "Carpenters Collection" which was a four-record set from the UK.

I'm waiting for a reissue of the mini-LP CD set to come out again so I can have everything in the same format of packaging, because my current collection (if you would call it that) is a bit of a mish-mash of styles and formats. But then, I'm not a collector per se and I also don't like the later few albums all that much, so the mini-LP set is something I want to get, but not a must-have unless I hit the lottery or something.

these are both exactly the same. Another one that's packaged differently, but is also the same, is the DVD docu` `Close to you Remembering the Carpenters`, I have three of them, but I`m sure there`s more.

I have that `Yesterday once more` collection on VCD ..... remember those :)

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg
I have the VCD. Quite frankly, the VHS has better video quality (the VCD I find looks like a blown up 320x240 video meant for the internet in the late-90's/early-2000's, as it is very soft).

`I used to have the Yesterday Once More VHS (still have an order form mint condition) but I wore it out till kingdom come.`

I have both of those as well.

you can see my collection on my site and another member is currently building his site as well;

CARPENTERS COLLECTOR

Did you recently sell a BMG release of Singles 1969-1973 Remastered Classics om ebay a few months ago? I got a copy from a seller that was called CarpenersCollector like your name. I think the BMG sounds just like the original in my opinion.

My collection is very modest compared to many of the good folks on here.

I have:
  • most of the studio albums on vinyl
  • all of the (remastered classics) studio albums and "Singles: 1969 - 1973," both Christmas albums and the "Christmas Portrait: Special Edition," both of Richard's solo albums, Karen's solo album and both live albums on CD
  • most of the major compilations released since 1990 including both (US) box sets, The Complete Singles, 40/40, Love Songs, As Time Goes By, Interpretations, Reader's Digest, Gold, Carpenters Sing Carpenter, and a few others
  • all of the legitimate DVD releases (Gold, Close to You: Remembering the Carpenters, Interpretations, Christmas Memories, etc.) as well as other DVDs they appeared on (Perry Como Christmas, Andy Williams Show, Bob Hope Special, Fifth Dimension Special, This Is Your Life, etc.)
  • a few "grey market" live DVDs
  • a bootleg CD of unreleased Karen solo album tracks
  • a dozen or so original 45 picture sleeves
  • a couple of sheet music books

Did you recently sell a BMG release of Singles 1969-1973 Remastered Classics om ebay a few months ago? I got a copy from a seller that was called CarpenersCollector like your name. I think the BMG sounds just like the original in my opinion.

not me, it`s rare I sell anything Carpenters, unless I`ve picked a duplicate up cheap!

You might want to get the region 2 GOLD (aka YESTERDAY ONCE MORE) DVD because it adds the video for I Need To Be In Love, plus the overall image quality is a little bit better than the Region 1 DVD (slightly brighter and sharper).

You might want to get the region 2 GOLD (aka YESTERDAY ONCE MORE) DVD because it adds the video for I Need To Be In Love, plus the overall image quality is a little bit better than the Region 1 DVD (slightly brighter and sharper).

I will have to do that I have never seen that video

Is that the PAL or NTSC DVD? Because Region 2 covers Japan and the UK, but in Japan it would be NTSC while the UK would be PAL.

Sounds like they might've used a Japanese Master tape for the source of the DVD. Japanese NTSC in the analog domain had a lower black level than North America NTSC, so on North American TV's Japanese VHS tapes/Laserdiscs use to look "brighter" than their American counterparts. Otherwise, aside from I Need To Be In Love it should be the same video as the North American NTSC DVD. And considering that it was originally compiled in 1985, that was when there were no digital videotape formats (the D1, which was the first digital one, came out in 87), so the 85 master would be analog.

Sounds like they might've used a Japanese Master tape for the source of the DVD. Japanese NTSC in the analog domain had a lower black level than North America NTSC, so on North American TV's Japanese VHS tapes/Laserdiscs use to look "brighter" than their American counterparts. Otherwise, aside from I Need To Be In Love it should be the same video as the North American NTSC DVD. And considering that it was originally compiled in 1985, that was when there were no digital videotape formats (the D1, which was the first digital one, came out in 87), so the 85 master would be analog.

You're probably right. There are some very minor audio differences too. I can post comparison screenshots if anyone is interested.

BTW, I just checked and the GOLD DVD I have is Region 0, not Region 1. I don't know if that makes any difference or not. I got that one from Amazon.

You're probably right. There are some very minor audio differences too. I can post comparison screenshots if anyone is interested.

BTW, I just checked and the GOLD DVD I have is Region 0, not Region 1. I don't know if that makes any difference or not. I got that one from Amazon.

Region 0? That's the same Region as what was released here in North America back in 2002. But when I was looking at the I Need To Be In Love video you posted, it did look like it came from a Japanese video master. Part of the video was included on the Close To You DVD (when Goodbye To Love plays) and that video is darker, as they were probably using a North American NTSC master.

Region 0 (zero), means no region coding at all, and will work in any region.

hello everyone! i am just begun collecting (since last year may) this is what i collected as a fourteen years old boy

CD= close to you
now and then
singles 69-73
horizon
a kind of hush
a christmas portrait (special edition)
singles 74-78
made in america
Karen's solo album
greatest hits (gold cd)
as time goes by

vinyl= ticket to ride
carpenters
a song for you
now and then
singles 69-73
live in japan
horizon
passage
made in america

cassette= a kind of hush
passage
christmas portrait

DVD (+gray market dvd's) greatest hits (yom)
live at budokan
live in japan anthology bluray (import from japan)
close to you remembering the carpenters
posters= budokan 1974 poster mint

that's it!

Back
Top Bottom