Just got 4th Offering (Authentic?)

I'm assuming you bought a copy of OFFERING rather than your link to a SINGLES 69-73. Looking at the OFFERING picture, with the white ring around the center hole, if you paid $99.99 for that, then you were definitely taken. That ring-wear around the hole indicates that the record has been placed on turntables many, many times, and in your case, is really not worth what you paid, since you already own other copies.

The OFFERING album is an interesting semi-rarity in the Carpenters canon. It's not impossible to find, but it also really doesn't serve any purpose except for the act of looking at the cover. But hey, it's your money - spend it the way you want on what you want.

The sealed SINGLES on the page you linked is a Record Club version - not something I'd pay $50 for either.

Wow strange don’t know how a link to singles appeared. But yes it’s the one for 99. I track at 1.5 grams

Ok I’m irritated he shipped before answering any questions. Oh well it was play tested and he said it plays. I can use this for main playing copy and keep my other 3 aside.

Oh yeah anybody who buys "RCA Music Service" anything is in for a disappointment.

Reminds me of my music store days when people would bring in their 'buy 12 for a penny" albums and want to trade them in...they'd tell me they bought from us "last week" and then I'd show them the record-club logo or whatever.

I wonder if that version of Singles came with the insert booklet and the gatefold like the original?

I have an RCA of the vinyl exclusive Allman And Woman album (Greg and Cher.) I cleaned it aounded fine and i shelved it having numerous copies. Still has the mid 70s standard Warner Bros Burbank label with Palm trees.

Omg! I just noticed that Carpenters is above the title. Even close to you has the name of the album on top. This has Album name on the bottom. My other e offerings are above the title.

Could this be a fake? I might get it tomorrow but I don’t know why I didn’t catch that till now.

Omg! I just noticed that Carpenters is above the title. Even close to you has the name of the album on top. This has Album name on the bottom. My other e offerings are above the title.

Could this be a fake? I might get it tomorrow but I don’t know why I didn’t catch that till now.

if that`s the case, he didn't send you the album in the listing then, because the photo`s show it above :)
never heard or seen that before.

I got the album in the listing and it actually really good quality very good plus+. I actually got a better quality then he told me I couldn’t even check for any creases on the spine unless I was checking for them. I can’t see anything on the record it looks squeaky clean like it just came out of the case. The white thing I dont know

Has the correct Matrix of my other 3 copies.

The only thing Im concerned about is the artist being on top With “Offering” under.
Found a copy of Close To You with “Carpenters” on top, same thing. Maybe a false alarm as record labels do odd things.

`The only thing Im concerned about is the artist being on top With “Offering” under.`

I`m getting confused here, I thought you meant the `Carpenters` logo was at the bottom of the sleeve, but if it`s what your saying, then that`s how it should be!!
if you`ve got all these copies of `offering` that you`ve mentioned, they should be the same.

I was talking about the label I’m sorry. Artist and title are flipped around. However I have a close To You the same way.

I got the album in the listing and it actually really good quality very good plus+. I actually got a better quality then he told me I couldn’t even check for any creases on the spine unless I was checking for them. I can’t see anything on the record it looks squeaky clean like it just came out of the case. The white thing I dont know

Has the correct Matrix of my other 3 copies.

The only thing Im concerned about is the artist being on top With “Offering” under.
Found a copy of Close To You with “Carpenters” on top, same thing. Maybe a false alarm as record labels do odd things.
My copy of Ticket To Ride has Carpenters on top and then Ticket underneath.

I’m not that gay lol I’m pansexual I just like clean music that doesn’t use auto tune or computers. Cher It’s a Mans World and before is where her greatest work is.. and the only stereotype diva I can think of liking. I like Beatles, Metallica, Fleetwood Mac, Sarah Brightman, Green Day, ELO, Beach Boys, Pat Benatar, Juice Newton, Olivia Newton John.

Back
Top Bottom