Tapete Records reissues Roger Nichols and the Small Circle of Friends 180 gram Vinyl

sardine

I purchased a copy of Tapete Records reissue of Roger Nichols and the Small Circle of Friends on 180 gram vinyl. The liner notes do not state if the recording was made from the original tapes or a remastered digital copy. The Tapete reissue vinyl is dead quiet and is quite detailed with respect to the voices and instruments. The reissue provides sounds I have not heard on prior CD releases. I do not have a copy of the original LP release to compare the two.

I would be interested on hearing anyone else's comments on the Tapete Records reissue.

That's good news, but since I personally have an original LP, not to mention a bunch of CD reissues, I'd likely pass.

I would imagine others will be VERY interested in this. Can you provide a link?

$42 shipped from Amazon--I'll wait to seek out a much less expensive choice. I have an original pressing purchased as a sealed copy and yes, it is more detailed beyond any CD version I've ever heard.

I would guess this import is digitally sourced, especially since we have no idea if the original tapes perished in the big Universal fire from a few years ago. Too many import products are made from digital (even CD) sources, so I'm not all that thrilled until I learn if it was made from actual analog tapes. That would make it worth the price being asked.

$42 shipped from Amazon--I'll wait to seek out a much less expensive choice. I have an original pressing purchased as a sealed copy and yes, it is more detailed beyond any CD version I've ever heard.

I would guess this import is digitally sourced, especially since we have no idea if the original tapes perished in the big Universal fire from a few years ago. Too many import products are made from digital (even CD) sources, so I'm not all that thrilled until I learn if it was made from actual analog tapes. That would make it worth the price being asked.
I agree but since I don't own a turntable I would have to find the best sounding digital version of this I do love the track" Love so fine" that's the only track from this I heard but I love finally hearing the lyrics to this beautiful gem that Herb Alpert and Pete Jolly covered Respectively it's really a Great song and Should have been a hit.IMO

The ROGER NICHOLS AND THE SMALL CIRCLE OF FRIENDS album got a good bit of discussion here on the forum back in the early days and one of my earliest eBay purchases was a Japanese compilation on A&M called THE A&M SONGS OF BURT BACHARACH.

R-10453195-1497738818-8794.png.jpg

Having never heard a note of the Roger Nichols album, I was intrigued when I heard "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" on this comp. That led me to a blind buy of the CD from Japan. They'd just issued a set called THE COMPLETE..., which included a bunch of singles tacked on to the album as bonus tracks.

When it came in the mail, I almost had that initial 'buyer's regret' of having purchased something I was unfamiliar with, but once "Don't Take Your Time" started, I was instantly gratified that I hadn't wasted my money. Song after song had me smiling ear to ear and it quickly became a new favorite album.

Since then I picked up a used original LP, another stereo CD issue from Japan, a UK edition on Cherry Red, and finally another Japanese set with SHM-CDs of both the stereo and full mono albums, plus all of the single tracks and early mixes of a few of the songs. THAT one's the keeper of the bunch.

So while I hope for good things from this LP, it's not something I need - and it's also gratifying to know that this album is indeed, still out there.

Back
Top Bottom