Ear worms

Sue

I hope I’m not repeating a thread but if I am please move my post.
So I made myself a new carpenters playlist for the car and included

Breaking up is Hard to Do

I’ve not really listened to it very often, in fact I forgot they had even recorded it! Anyway after playing it again and again and realising how much I love the recording, now I can’t get it out of my head! I’m singing it to myself all the time! Just wondered what songs/records anyone else has as “earworms”??

Hurrah! Someone else that likes their version Breaking Up Is Hard To Do! I often find myself singing their live medley version of The Book Of Love for some reason (their version was the first time I'd ever heard the song). I'm a bit obsessed with What's The Use at the moment too and have often found myself humming it lately.

Reactions: Sue
'Crescent Noon' is one of their songs that does that to me. It's on one of my less frequently played playlists and whenever I hear it I nearly always repeat it several times, then it sticks. There's something about that song - an austere melancholy - and it's a Richard/Bettis original. And Karen spends a good time in her lower register, which is always an arm-hair raising treat.

Woke up this morning with (A Place To) Hideaway playing in my head. There is seldom a day that passes when there is not some Carpenters tune that comes to mind. They are leaving an indelible mark on my psyche, and I don't mind it at all.:)

Woke up this morning with (A Place To) Hideaway playing in my head. There is seldom a day that passes when there is not some Carpenters tune that comes to mind. They are leaving an indelible mark on my psyche, and I don't mind it at all.:)

Mine too... I remember sleeping one time and hearing Carpenters songs in my dreams. I usually don't hear any music in my dreams at all, as far as I can remember.

Edit: Forgot to answer to the question. I guess I don't have any earworms because I listen them all the time anyway!

Strangely I find "All Because of You" from the solo album in my head when I wake up quite often.

Reactions: Sue
Turn away and Drucilla Penny are the songs I sing out loud the most.

The best way to get a song out of your head (IT WORKS!!!) is to sing it out loud in a public place and border on embarrassing yourself. Afterwards you won’t wanna sing it for awhile because of the humiliation. I’ve gone to the mall and done that on purpose in the foot court.

"SING"
Sing a song, make it simple to last your whole life long, Don't worry it's not good enough for anyone else to hear,
Just sing, sing a song..........

As much as you want to hate it. :)

Back
Top Bottom