Da Doo Ron Ron Extended on 8-Track

^^Thanks for the details, Chris May !
I always felt that the two songs--You're Enough and Now--
sounded different enough vocally as to have been recorded on distinct days.
My suspicion confirmed, after all these years.

I always thought Karen sounds like she has a slight cold on the track You're Enough.

There were in addition a couple of other outtakes recorded alongside these. Some Guys Have All The Luck, Stop Me and Love You Through And Through, however none of these outtakes went through to full orchestration.
It’s to bad that Richard wouldn’t complete these tracks. It would be interesting to hear them. “Love You” sounds like a song he could turn into a duet. Maybe get Michael Bolton to duet with Karen.

I have every 8Track except singles 74-78 and Yesterday once more. Made In America has a short version to Those Good old dreams. A kind of hush has shorter versions of the title track and Breaking up is hard to do.

I’m surprised Carpenters fans don’t know this. I hope I don’t come off as rude. I’ve been Listening to Now & Then hundreds of times on 8Track I noticed it when I was 12 back in 2000.

Last edited:
I hope someone can shed some light on this since I've never owned any 8-track tapes.
This topic has been on my mind lately about the possibility of them adding additional music to these 8-track tapes.
I found these images on ebay so these pics likely won't last for ever. Sorry if there big, there from ebay.
Check out the 8-track tape of A Kind of Hush that there are 2 reprises listed on Program 3 and 4.

1. There's a Kind of Hush (reprise)
2. Breaking Up is Hard to Do (reprise)

I'm sure these are only seconds long but it has surely sparked my curiosity.
Look at Voice of The Heart how they spliced up a couple songs, how does that work, literally stop and then start again?
A Song For You adds the Intermission twice.
MIA adds a 2nd reprise too.
Now & Then has a short version listed of YOM.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

No the reprise tracks are NOT seconds long. Some are 2-3 minutes. Intermission was added twice because each of the 4 programs had to be all equal length. Sometimes songs were repeated, short versions were added, or even better.... An exclusive deleted track not on the LP.

Example.. Cher’s Gypsies Tramps And Theives album (1971.) Cher’s “Don’t put it on me” was omitted from the LP, cassette, and later the CD. It can only be found on the 8-track and the Bside Of “The way of love.”

The Reprise tracks are neat and cool to have. Yesterday once more I like that it was included twice because I like the short version. It’s slightly over 2 minutes .

Written by the late Sonny Bono, here is Cher with "Don't Put It On Me" (from "The Way Of Love: The Cher Collection" 2 CD set) which the 8 track ran 2:21 instead of 2:38 because of time.: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Will do!! Just know the quality won’t be the same due to converting analogue to 0’s and 1’s
Let’s see...now there’s a song about x’s snd o’s but that’s not quite the same... but I’m sure many will be sending them your way, all in friendship, of course!

By the way, Cher's "He'll Never Know" (from 1971 "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves") is also extended on 8 track to 15 or 20 more seconds!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

By the way, Cher's "He'll Never Know" (from 1971 "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves") is also extended on 8 track to 15 or 20 more seconds!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I realized that. When I meant only on 45 and 8 track I meant to say analogue. I have that compilation and it sounds so digitalized. It sits on my shelf unused.

I’ll be posting those 8 track rarities soon I ripped them Its just uploading them I live with chronic pain so I hope I can get them up today

Back
Top Bottom