Richard and Karen 1971 Grammys Interview

NowhereMan

Funny, but it seems I always wind up here with you
Wow! What a fun listen! The marriage questions are hysterical! She calls Richard David once, no? These are the most random questions!!!!

That was pretty cool, never heard that before, thanks for the link. I've actually never heard of this site before...but a quick search brought me to a quite different song name...Horizon (Time Stretched) I never in my life heard of anyone doing this before and to be honest it was weird but also mesmerizing at the same time. Here we have Karen's vocal slowed down to a level I never dreamed of hearing yet it has almost cosmic ethereal (Karen's voice was almost too perfect for this world and nothing compares) yet with it slowed down even her breathes take on a cosmic sound.

It's a long one but give it a couple jumps across the track to hear this unusual sound, melancholy expanded.

Solitaire ( Time Stretched) : Colin P. Wiggins : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

That was pretty cool, never heard that before, thanks for the link. I've actually never heard of this site before...but a quick search brought me to a quite different song name...Horizon (Time Stretched) I never in my life heard of anyone doing this before and to be honest it was weird but also mesmerizing at the same time. Here we have Karen's vocal slowed down to a level I never dreamed of hearing yet it has almost cosmic ethereal (Karen's voice was almost too perfect for this world and nothing compares) yet with it slowed down even her breathes take on a cosmic sound.

It's a long one but give it a couple jumps across the track to hear this unusual sound, melancholy expanded.

Solitaire ( Time Stretched) : Colin P. Wiggins : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Too trippy man.

That was epic, over 37 minutes long!

That time-stretched clip reminds me of the 22-minute “Track 13” that was added to the end of Queen’s last studio album, Made In Heaven, released in 1995 four years after the death of lead singer Freddie Mercury. It was full of ethereal sounds overlaid with snippets of Freddie’s voice. Very weird to listen to. Hearing this took me right back to when I first heard that.

It was created by the the remaining members of Queen and their producer/engineer Dave Richards to symbolise Freddie’s life and what his ascent into heaven might have been like. Very spooky when you listen to it in the dark late at night.

Last edited:
That time-stretched clip reminds me of the 22-minute “Track 13” that was added to the end of Queen’s last studio album, Made In Heaven, released in 1995 four years after the death of lead singer Freddie Mercury. It was full of ethereal sounds overlaid with snippets of Freddie’s voice. Very weird to listen to. Hearing this took me right back to when I first heard that.

It was created by the the remaining members of Queen and their producer/engineer Dave Richards to symbolise Freddie’s life and what his ascent into heaven might have been like. Very spooky when you listen to it in the dark late at night.

I'm a big Queen and never heard this before - it really sounds eerie. Especially as the last ever track that features Freddie. Parts of it remind of Angelo Badalamenti's Mulholland Drive score with the haunting strings. Coupled with those pictures it feels transcendent and otherworldly; which makes sense given that his soul had left earth.

I adore this.

Here's a thought: in many of the Carpenters documentaries that show the clip of the 1971 Grammy Awards (Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group), they edit out all of the nominees (naming only Beatles and Simon and Garfunkel, before announcing Carpenters as the winner). The miss out Chicago and Jackson 5.

That's Paul McCartney, Art Garfunkel, Peter Cetera and Michael Jackson on lead vocals...and Karen still beat them all.

Back
Top Bottom