MALAYSIA. Carpenters. Charts.

Close to you.1
Weve only just begun.6
Superstar.1
Hurting each other.1
Goodbye to love.2
Sing.5
Yesterday once more.1.

Unable to locate any more information after 1973.

USA Charts....Here it is at 4:30pm today.....
#138 (+17)
Carpenters - Christmas Portrait (Special Edition)

Christmas Portrait, in some form or another, will always be on the charts this time of year. The one time Carpenters get unwavering respect is during the holidays.
Yeah, but I’m away the Special Edition also represents “An Old-Fashioned Christmas as well, since neither original album are out seperately in North America.

Christmas Portrait, in some form or another, will always be on the charts this time of year. The one time Carpenters get unwavering respect is during the holidays.
Also, to the general public the “Classic” Carpenters Christmas Portrait is going to be the Special Edition and not the original.

October 23, 2018
We have a #1 on one chart !
Yes !

Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

iTunes:
#1 Uganda

I wonder what sparked the interest in this particular song, at this particular time, to take it to #1 in that particular country?

I find the online charts very bizarre nowadays. It's like any song from any era can chart at any time, for any reason. To me having a #1 hit doesn't carry the importance or prestige it did years ago and you can achieve #1 by selling a lot less these days too. When did it all go so wrong?

Still Climbing the charts this morning 11/24/2018 (KWORB):
USA #124 Carpenters - Christmas Portrait (Special Edition)

seems to have dropped two places in the U.K, which is a little discouraging, but I guess there`s still time yet, with xmas shopping :)

Knowing the UK marktet I’m sure this will go back into the top 5 in the run up to Christmas. I’m just disappointed I’ve still not seen any TV adverts for the album at all. I thought Universal would get behind this but I’ve yet to see any evidence of that, which is a shame.

Knowing the UK marktet I’m sure this will go back into the top 5 in the run up to Christmas. I’m just disappointed I’ve still not seen any TV adverts for the album at all. I thought Universal would get behind this but I’ve yet to see any evidence of that, which is a shame.

yes, I agree, apart from the U.K breakfast show feature, I haven't seen anything, but I guess with social media about to the degree it is nowadays, why pay for expensive ads, because given it hasn't had any publicity as regards ads etc, it`s certainly done well within a couple of days!

on a side note and apologies for going off topic, but I`ve just been trawling Ebay, as I do most evenings, I`ve been rather surprised by the amount of private sellers getting rid of copies already and still sealed as well, which seems odd. I even came across one private seller who had 6 copies listed, all sealed again, so it`s not like they are listening to them first.

There was an advert on Channel 5 on Thursday. I shared a top quality video of it on one of the RPO threads. Not seen it again though (but tend to make a cup of tea during ads).

There was an advert on Channel 5 on Thursday. I shared a top quality video of it on one of the RPO threads. Not seen it again though (but tend to make a cup of tea during ads).

Would you mind posting it here? I must have missed that completely.

The thing is, The Nations Favourite reached number 2 in mid September when I'm guessing there wasn't a hell of a lot of stiff competition around, compared with the Christmas market where there's a hundred Best Of's out. Plus it was backed by a primetime 2 hour special watched literally by millions.

Though RPO is a far better album I'm just not sure how stellar its chart success will be. I guess we'll find out on Friday when it'll receive it's first official placement in the UK charts. I really can't call it. . .could be top 20. . .could be top 5. exciting times.

I myself haven't seen an advent, but a mate at work did, and so did my Mum.

Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom