Website

Song4uman

So, I had mentioned a while back that I was working on a website of my personal collection. I had decided that I would create a spreadsheet so that I could keep track of everything, but then decided that it would be more fun to create a website. I had started a website several years ago, but really didn't have time and didn't like the site I was using. I found Wix and really have enjoyed creating with it, and now that I am retired, I have more time to spend.
I know it is probably very late 90's or early 2000's to create a website like this, but I have had a great time and am enjoying spending some time doing this. It is not completed yet, but I wanted to go ahead and publish and share with you all....later I will share with Carpenters Facebook groups and then possibly with friends (they don't get it...)

The albums section is pretty much complete

The singles section is up through "A Kind of Hush". What is there is complete, just need to finish with the rest of the singles.

The compilation albums has most of the pictures there, but I haven't completed the information or my thoughts.

Solo and livd albums are pretty much at the same stage as the compilation albums

Tribute album is completed

and then everything else...books, music, sheet music, DVDs, Misc is pretty much completed. I just need to go in and make sure you can click on each picture and have a "pop up".

So, here is the link that should take you there. take a look if you want and let me know what you think.

https://songforyouman.wixsite.com/carpenterscollection

It works with both desktop and mobile....although I prefer the desktop

Jonathan

That`s a great site Jonathan and looks like a lot of work has gone into that, especially to highlight every item individually and give the details about it, so well that chap :)
I`m using a desktop myself and I`m not sure if anyone is having the same issue, but when I go onto some of the pages (not all), the left-hand side of the page is siting outside the screen and I can`t read what`s there.

That`s a great site Jonathan and looks like a lot of work has gone into that, especially to highlight every item individually and give the details about it, so well that chap :)
I`m using a desktop myself and I`m not sure if anyone is having the same issue, but when I go onto some of the pages (not all), the left-hand side of the page is siting outside the screen and I can`t read what`s there.
I will check that out later tonight. Thanks for letting me know

@CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Mark, I am not seeing that issue on my computer...just checked all of the "home" pages and it seems ok. When you are home, can you check on a computer there and let me know if you have the same issues??

Jonathan

Mark, I moved everything on the home pages in from the edges. I hope that fixed the problem.
Jonathan

I’ve added pictures of the rest of the singles that i have. Nothing written yet though.
Jonathan

@CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Mark, I am not seeing that issue on my computer...just checked all of the "home" pages and it seems ok. When you are home, can you check on a computer there and let me know if you have the same issues??

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Much better now sir, no issues now :)
must have taken ages to do the meta-tags on all those pages, but there`s some lovely stuff you have there, that I`ve never even seen, much less have, especially the `By Request` album, I`d love to get that :)
Great site though Jonathan and lovely collection, honestly!

mark.

Hi Jonathan,

Much better now sir, no issues now :)
must have taken ages to do the meta-tags on all those pages, but there`s some lovely stuff you have there, that I`ve never even seen, much less have, especially the `By Request` album, I`d love to get that :)
Great site though Jonathan and lovely collection, honestly!

mark.
Thank you. I know there are people here with much more knowledge and many more things, but I have truly enjoyed working on the site and will continue to do so.
Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom