Richard Carpenter's UK Promotional Tour 2019*

wideawakeat4am

Not sure why or for how long, but ‘The One Show’ have just plugged that Richard Carpenter will be on Monday’s programme.

It’s on at 7pm in the evening and for those of you outside the UK, it is a prime time magazine-type show that’s attracts quite a big audience, so Richard must be seen as someone worth having on to give him such a high profile slot.

The programme was also asking for anyone with a personal connection to one of Carpenters’ songs to get in touch.

He was listed to be a guest on Graham Norton's radio show a few weeks ago according to a tv/radio listing I had so maybe the visit got moved to nearer the 50th?
Perhaps he will sign the lithograph prints while here also?

Perfect timing for Mother's day on 31st. Now if they just brought back those ads during that week maybe the album could get back into the top 20. Let's hope it does. I'm guessing its performance over the next 2 weeks will determine if we get an RPO 2 .

The programme was also asking for anyone with a personal connection to one of Carpenters’ songs to get in touch.

Did they give any more information on this? I’d be interested to know exactly what they’re after/how to get in touch, but there’s nothing about Richard on their website (from what I can see).

He was listed to be a guest on Graham Norton's radio show a few weeks ago according to a tv/radio listing I had

Interesting...I read the TV listings every week and didn't see anything. Was it not the Carpenters A-Z special hosted by Graham Norton that you're thinking of?

Did they give any more information on this? I’d be interested to know exactly what they’re after/how to get in touch, but there’s nothing about Richard on their website (from what I can see).

No, I’m afraid they didn’t.

They just asked people to get in touch if they have a personal connection, which could mean anything, but I’d just drop them a line anyway if you think you can help.

I’d imagine they’d like a story like a newlywed couple dancing to one of their tracks or something.

The One Show - Send your stories - BBC One

They just ended today's One Show (which featured Danny DeVito as the guest star) by mentioning Richard was on Monday's show and pulled back to reveal a picture of the RPO album on the big studio screen as the credits rolled.

They did similar yesterday with a large picture of the 69-73 singles album.

I’d actually recorded EastEnders and that had included the end of The One show. I was fast forwarding the ending and saw the familiar logo and rewound quickly!

They did similar yesterday with a large picture of the 69-73 singles album.

I’d actually recorded EastEnders and that had included the end of The One show. I was fast forwarding the ending and saw the familiar logo and rewound quickly!
Exciting. I hope he copes okay with the varied and eclectic subjects they can cover on the show, though he seemed unphased by Japanese TV so should be fine!

Just heard back from Richard's team, here's his schedule:

He arrives in London tomorrow.

Monday - (March 25th)
- "Today Show" - Australian TV (morning)
-"The One Show" BBC One 7pm

Tuesday (March 26th) Radio recordings day
Radio 2
Tracks of My Years with Ken Bruce
Steve Wright interview
Malcom Prince interview
Universal Music
W Radio interview

Wednesday (March 27th)
I'm told he's at White City Studio's for a live breakfast TV interview which is where both BBC breakfast and currently the ITV shows are filming (whilst ITV studios are under work) so he could be on Good Morning Britain, Lorrain or This Morning.

I wonder if this promotional visit is about the vinyl release. It’s available for pre order on amazon uk now.

Just heard back from Richard's team, here's his schedule:

He arrives in London tomorrow.

Monday - (March 25th)
- "Today Show" - Australian TV (morning)
-"The One Show" BBC One 7pm

Tuesday (March 26th) Radio recordings day
Radio 2
Tracks of My Years with Ken Bruce
Steve Wright interview
Malcom Prince interview
Universal Music
W Radio interview

Wednesday (March 27th)
I'm told he's at White City Studio's for a live breakfast TV interview which is where both BBC breakfast and currently the ITV shows are filming (whilst ITV studios are under work) so he could be on Good Morning Britain, Lorrain or This Morning.
Simon
I wonder if this promotional visit is about the vinyl release. It’s available for pre order on amazon uk now.
I think it's a celebration of the 50th anniversary and promotion of RPO.

Tracks Of My Years is a segment of the Ken Bruce radio programme spread over five days Monday to Friday, it has a different guest each week choosing tracks that influenced their lives and telling the story behind their choice. It’s a great listen.
Looks like Richard will have his interview with Steve Wright broadcast on Wednesday 27 March, another interview that will be very entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom