šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

I will never forget showing up there only to find they had been closed. My heart was broken. I had found so many treasures there.

I didnā€™t realise it had closed, that must be several years ago? I got quite a few rare Carpenters imports from that store, it was a great place for hunting for treasure!

Iā€™ve just seen the vinyl is available for pre order from Amazon U.K. release date 26th April sorry if this is old news!

Anyone else get this email?
The Carpenters

Item(s) from your order have been cancelled

Order No. ........... ā€” Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:37:11 PM

We are sorry to inform you the following items have been cancelled from your order because they have been deleted by our supplier and therefore are no longer available.

Cancelled Item(s):
1 x Signed Photo Lithograph (Art)

Very disappointed ā˜¹ļø

Anyone else get this email?
The Carpenters

Item(s) from your order have been cancelled

Order No. ........... ā€” Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:37:11 PM

We are sorry to inform you the following items have been cancelled from your order because they have been deleted by our supplier and therefore are no longer available.

Cancelled Item(s):
1 x Signed Photo Lithograph (Art)

Very disappointed ā˜¹ļø
Yep, just this minute read the email. First time they've contacted me about the order despite all the delays. Disappointing.

Really is isnā€™t it. I wonder why?
Maybe Richard got writer's cramp part way through signing them, and gave up? :shrug:

Seriously, it could have been a problem with the printer, or perhaps they accepted orders for more copies than Richard had agreed to sign, or they may not have sold enough to meet the printer's minimum order for a press run. Whatever the actual reason, if there is anyway to mess something up, Universal will find it!

Wow. That turned out to be a real crap shoot. I haven't ordered anything through a record company's store since 2005 when instead of Barbra Streisand's Guilty Pleasures album I got an old Tori Amos album.

So does this mean we'll still get the white vinyl without the autographed litho? And will there be a credit for the assumed price difference? Actually forgot how much I paid for the upgrade do to the transaction being so long ago!

The last email I received from "Carpenters Official Store" was on Feb 7th stating that the shipping date has been pulled back to March 15th. At this point, there's nothing concerning this order and how bad they can screw it up that would surprise me. Does Mr Richard Carpenter know what's going on here? Does anyone give a rat's ass?!

It still gives an April 26th release date even though all the other places say June 21st. I ordered mine in early March.

I came very close to ordering this and if I had, the Lithograph would have been the primary reason. There should definitely be a price adjustment given its exclusion, but there's often fine print somewhere that waives that responsibility for the label in cases where a 3rd party is providing the item. Hopefully there will be.

Part of the email said I would receive a refund in my bank by my next statement. Iā€™m really disappointed because it was the only chance I would have to actually get Richards autographā˜¹ļø

I have not received an email yet and I placed my order during the first few days of availability from the Carpenters Official Store. Wonder if it makes a difference depending on who you purchased the various items from?

I have not received an email yet and I placed my order during the first few days of availability from the Carpenters Official Store. Wonder if it makes a difference depending on who you purchased the various items from?

You might be right...I ordered the white vinyl with the litho and I still have not received any email that one or the other is not available. I also ordered it right when it was offered. The weird thing is I don't think the Litho was a limited edition, it only said the signed litho was limited as part of the bundle but the litho without a signature was part of the other bundles. This is how I read it but I could be wrong. So I'm confused about why people are getting emails that the litho is not available.

I've just had an email from the Carpenters Official Store providing links to Richard Carpenter's UK interviews (The One Show, Lorraine and Steve Wright) and telling me that the limited edition white and black vinyl RPO LP is available for pre-order (released on the 21 June). For months not a peep out of them now two emails in two days. They seem a bit useless.

I got the same email link Graeme. Itā€™s interesting that the email from the store saying the litho was cancelled yesterday didnā€™t mention a change of release date. It still said 26th April itā€™s all so confusing!

I got the same email link Graeme. Itā€™s interesting that the email from the store saying the litho was cancelled yesterday didnā€™t mention a change of release date. It still said 26th April itā€™s all so confusing!
Says 21/6 on the Sound of Vinyl where I purchased it from!, to be honest there are so many things that mirror Brexit, first itā€™s going to happen then it isnā€™t. The annoying thing is they have had my money for about 7 months now gaining interest!. At least when you order on Amazon they donā€™t charge you until they ship it, imagine if this has been a major expense box set purchase we would be even more annoyed!. Not good at all again.

Reactions: Sue
So I got the cd from Amazon and from a Target. I have ordered both black and white vinyl, but am thinking about only getting the white vinyl.
Is there a way to change my initial order? Will I be contacted before the vinyl is shipped?

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom