"Carpenters: An Illustrated Discography": New Book by Randy Schmidt

Thanks for the info.
I ordered from a different place, I think it was Randy's pre-order website, I ordered a limited edition signed book with a photo and sticker so that may be why mine is being delayed. I'm not sure when those are going to ship.

We are prepping the rest of the orders from my pre-order site this weekend and sending next week. We had a delay after a number of the books sent out in the first wave of shipments ended up getting damaged in transit. So we had to order new packing materials and start over. So sorry for the delay. Thank you for your patience!

Randy

Is an e-edition available on Amazon Prime?

EDIT - I looked and it's not....which is pretty surprising. I hope it comes out that way in the future.

No e-book planned at this time. Since it's a coffee table book, the design and layout is important and it wouldn't translate well as a bunch of text and images. It's meant to be enjoyed in a tangible way, if that makes sense.

Randy

I got my copy yesterday excited! Thumbed a little. Can't wait to dive deep. Tomorrow is my Friday, my weekend will be full R & K! Looking forward to it!

Wow! Just finished reading all the interviews. Thought I would only start with “Offering”, but I went all the way through. I didn’t read the sections with comments by Karen, Richard And other time-specific reviews, but the interviews were really interesting and kept me turning the pages.

Of course, I was hoping to read some reactions on the Live albums, and a few of the stand-out compilations like “Interpretations” or “From The Top”. They were mentioned but not really followed up on, so no talk about TTGTF or MML. This book mostly concentrated on the US studio albums with the single exception being the 69-73 compilation. I would’ve liked to have read some talk on what the interviewees thought of its successor and the interesting song choices for 74-78. Or even what they thought of 1985’s YOM set and the beginning of the remix era, and what remixes worked and what didn’t.

I didn’t realise there would be a book launch of this in London, I’m not a member of social media sites (forums like this one only ). And typical for me, it’s now sold out!!. Shame that I wouldn’t of minded going to get a copy signed !!.

I didn’t realise there would be a book launch of this in London, I’m not a member of social media sites (forums like this one only ). And typical for me, it’s now sold out!!. Shame that I wouldn’t of minded going to get a copy signed !!.

I ordered two tickets, one for each day, but can now only go to the Friday event. This means my Thursday (June 20th) ticket is up for grabs if you want it. It’s an electronic ticket so I’d have to send a screengrab.

@close2u Randy would that be ok with you?

I ordered two tickets, one for each day, but can now only go to the Friday event. This means my Thursday (June 20th) ticket is up for grabs if you want it. It’s an electronic ticket so I’d have to send a screengrab.

@close2u Randy would that be ok with you?

Thanks for that kind offer unfortunately cannot Make that date have another engagement but thanks all the same .

Thanks for that kind offer unfortunately cannot Make that date have another engagement but thanks all the same .
Hi Wayne, you can still attend either date in London, if you wish. It's Thursday, June 20, and Friday, June 21, both at 7:30 p.m. in the Back Room Bar at Hard Rock London. The tickets are more of a formality to keep us at or under capacity, since the space is small. So come if you can!

Randy

Yey!!! My book just arrived in the post! Looks fantastic and came with a lovely extra photograph of R&C! Thankyou Randy, I’m really looking forward to reading it. 😊

Received my copy via Amazon this weekend. A great reference book for future generations. I am glad that it has a subject index as well. Very nicely done & worth purchasing! Sits proudly on my coffee table (although, I don't drink coffee & wouldn't want it stained).

Oh Dear. Looks like I'm going to be the last person to get this book. Amazon UK have just bumped it back by 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom