Over The Rainbow

He must have changed the name. When I saw him in Chicago, he mentioned the new album name as "Skinny Dipping"

It is.

Here's a list of the included songs: (this is not necessarily the running order)

Skinny Dip
Ain't No Sunshine
All Love
Fantasy
Copacabana
With You I'm Born Again
You Are So Beautiful
Nature Boy
Always On My Mind
South Of The Border
Over.the Rainbow
What A Wonderful World

Herb's been closing his show with a rousing version of "Copacabana" lately (the Barry Manilow tune), so it'll be cool to hear a studio version. He's also keeping up the tradition of including at least one TJB tune ("South of the Border") and "What a Wonderful World" is NOT the tune Herb started his career with, but the song made famous by Louis Armstrong which Herb has been opening his concerts with (in a recorded version). This album has been recorded with the participation of Lani and his band again, unlike the last couple of releases.

(Note: The reason there is a "dot" between "Over" and "the" is, when I put the correct title in, it kept trying to link to an obnoxious music site (not Herb's, and not a place to buy the album either). I tried everything I know how to get rid of the link but it kept coming back so putting the dot in there finally made it stop.)

Last edited:
The album cover art is somewhat drab. I would expect something more vibrant. I'm curious how he landed on this background image and font.

You were expecting maybe Herb in a hot air balloon with Sandra Moss handing him a martini ?

Dull cover. Doesnt look professionally done. Seems like the title is an afterthought. Haven't been fond of the last few offerings withbthe guy he is currently collaborating with. Too much artificial beat. Prefer more “live” sound. Definitely seems to be on a r&b kick of late. Would like more original Comps. Struggling on whether to see them next week as they I’ll be about a half hour away from my current residence. But their last few offerings leave me up at 1:10 and I feel bad about that because I generally like the man’s music and his musical touch. Doesn’t help that there are not a lot of great seats available as most are in the back. The venue is OK not great.

I wouldn't say its a bad cover. I mean, it's no S.R.O., but it's not bad. Considering most people see album covers these days in the form of a 2" or smaller thumb-nail on their phones, he needs a cover that's readable at that size, and this fits that requirement. I'm not a big fan of the rainbow image on there....it looks a bit cheesy, but it's colorful, and Herb looks great in the photo.

I heard the Skinny dip sample on Amazon and now the 2 singles he previously released will be included on this album I look forward to getting this gem once it is released it should be another Fun album

I wouldn't say its a bad cover. I mean, it's no S.R.O., but it's not bad. Considering most people see album covers these days in the form of a 2" or smaller thumb-nail on their phones, he needs a cover that's readable at that size, and this fits that requirement. I'm not a big fan of the rainbow image on there....it looks a bit cheesy, but it's colorful, and Herb looks great in the photo.
I think any of Herb's painting would have been more colorful. Or something of a "Coney Island" cover art. I'm sure the music will be colorful.

Back
Top Bottom