Herb Alpert license request

Would really appreciate some help with this from anyone on the forum. The TV production company where I work in the UK would like to contact the label which currently holds the rights to Herb's solo and Tijiuana Brass music to request permission to use a track/s in an upcoming series. I believe this may now be his own label? Does anyone have a name/email/telephone number? Many thanks in advance. Rowena

I have no contact information, but all Herb solo and Tijuana Brass recordings are administered by his own label, Herb Alpert Presents.

I tried googling "Contact us, Herb Alpert Presents" and came up with this page, which has an address and a phone number:

Herb Alpert – Contact

I then looked at the main "herbalpert.com" site but didn't see a "contact us" link on there anywhere, so the info on that contact page might not be valid, but it's worth a shot.

I tried googling "Contact us, Herb Alpert Presents" and came up with this page, which has an address and a phone number:

Herb Alpert – Contact

I then looked at the main "herbalpert.com" site but didn't see a "contact us" link on there anywhere, so the info on that contact page might not be valid, but it's worth a shot.
You're not going to be able to contact Herb's people with that info. The address given, is the location of the "Googleplex", which is the corporate headquarters of Google! If you search for the phone number "321-123-4567", you'll find that it shows up on all sorts of business websites' contact pages, with the exact same address and email "[email protected]". It's likely that Google hosts Herb's website, and the info on the contact page is sample info from a Google-supplied template. Since they're not linking to the contact page on the website at this time, the webmaster didn't bother to swap the sample info with the actual contact info. That's my best guess.

(321) happens to be the area code for Cape Canaveral, FL and its environs. It was purposely made to be the area code because of its resemblance to a countdown to a launch.

It's likely that Google hosts Herb's website, and the info on the contact page is sample info from a Google-supplied template. Since they're not linking to the contact page on the website at this time, the webmaster didn't bother to swap the sample info with the actual contact info. That's my best guess.

That makes sense. Here I thought I had made a great discovery.

I *am* surprised that Randy and Herb haven't set up some way of contacting HAP (the label) for inquiries just such as this, though. Is there a mailing address on the physical CDs? (I'm not home to look at one right now.)

Is there a mailing address on the physical CDs?

You have to look really hard on some of them. It's buried in some color-on-color text that's hard to read. But I just pulled out KEEP YOUR EYE ON ME, and it's easier to read there:

Herb Alpert Presents
1414 6th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401

If you look at that building from the birds-eye view it's actually a pretty large building... small frontage, but it's several floors. Makes me wonder who's all in there from day to day, if anyone.

If you look at that building from the birds-eye view it's actually a pretty large building... small frontage, but it's several floors. Makes me wonder who's all in there from day to day, if anyone.
This is also the office for the Herb Alpert Foundation, I have passed by it a few times. I know Herb has an office there, and probably the people that work for the foundation.

Their address and phone number are right here! :D

ih-2-jpg.3726

Back
Top Bottom