(Want You) Back in My Life Again clean opening and ending?

Mark-T

Does such an animal even exist? If so, which album does it appear on? The resource lists original album mix. But does this mean it includes a "blending" at the end into the next song?

Does such an animal even exist? If so, which album does it appear on? The resource lists original album mix. But does this mean it includes a "blending" at the end into the next song?

Made in America if im not mistaken.
Also i really like this song such a nice tune to dance to.

The only places you’ll find such a thing to my knowledge are the original vinyl single, Carpenters Collected, The Ultimate Collection and The Complete Singles. All other versions segue either into When You’ve Got What It Takes or Ticket To Ride.

Correct. All versions essentially end with wind chimes, but the cleanest ones fade out those wind chimes before the segue.

There was a fad that started in radio in the late 70s where some "hip" FM stations would use wind chimes in between songs. Richard probably picked up on it and decided to use that device once on MADE IN AMERICA. Like so many other Carpenters segued songs, it appears difficult to un-separate them. Look how long it took to get a clean CD version of "I Kept On Loving You".

Like so many other Carpenters segued songs, it appears difficult to un-separate them. Look how long it took to get a clean CD version of "I Kept On Loving You".

This has always puzzled me. Surely the MIA multi tracks for the song have a completely clean ending? It would only have been at the final mixing and mastering stage that the crossfade and wind chimes would have been introduced to join the two tracks. So why is there a forced fade out on the above compilations?

This has always puzzled me. Surely the MIA multi tracks for the song have a completely clean ending? It would only have been at the final mixing and mastering stage that the crossfade and wind chimes would have been introduced to join the two tracks. So why is there a forced fade out on the above compilations?
Maybe the chimes were only mixed on the 2-track stereo master after everything else. So maybe the source for all those comps is the Made In America complete album master rather than the individual track’s multi-track tape.

Hi everyone here is another video of want you back in my life but the quality is poor better than nothing.

Poor quality or not, great post Martin! The best live version of this song I've seen. Karen's personality is just bubbling all over the place and even Richard is rocking out!! Usually not a big fan of this song, but seeing this I wish I could've been in the studio audience.

The only places you’ll find such a thing to my knowledge are the original vinyl single, Carpenters Collected, The Ultimate Collection and The Complete Singles. All other versions segue either into When You’ve Got What It Takes or Ticket To Ride.

Another place where the song fades out without wind chimes is on the UK YESTERDAY ONCE MORE set. Ironically, "Ticket To Ride" follows, but there's no link between the songs.

Another place where the song fades out without wind chimes is on the UK YESTERDAY ONCE MORE set. Ironically, "Ticket To Ride" follows, but there's no link between the songs.
And I guess “Back In My Life Again” is partially on this West German CD/LP:

^ Without doubt, the single worst Carpenters compilation, based on audio sound. Totally in the mud.

Back
Top Bottom