Live Performance 1974 Top of the World

Hello this is my youtube this song is saved on videotape the rest is erased in the same year because they could use the tape again (tapes were expensive) this is broadcasted in the Netherlands by KRO on 7 march 1974 on NED 2 on 19:05! this was a week after the grand gala disque at the RAI .
What type of tape were you using? Due to YouTube’s recompression, its pretty pixelated even on my iPhone, but it looks better than VHS, however VHS wasn’t out until 1976 in Japan and 1977 in North America and even later in Europe. Was it one of the Philip’s VCR tapes?

What type of tape were you using? Due to YouTube’s recompression, its pretty pixelated even on my iPhone, but it looks better than VHS, however VHS wasn’t out until 1976 in Japan and 1977 in North America and even later in Europe. Was it one of the Philip’s VCR tapes?
hello! this isn´t my tape! i think its indeed a copy on an philips vcr

Back in the 70’s, tape was expensive in some parts of the world (I.e. UK) they only had permission to air stuff two or three times, and then it wasn’t considered worth the bother to renegotiate for more airings, so the tape would be recorded over by something else.

Yep. Wiping was a sad consequence of the expense of tape stock. Many TV shows fell victim to it for a time. :sad:

Ed

Back
Top Bottom