Karen Ramone Passes Away

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Message from Randy Schmidt on his “Little Girl Blue” Facebook page:

I am saddened to report on the passing of Karen Ichiuji Ramone, wife of the late Phil Ramone, and one of Karen Carpenter’s closest friends and confidantes. KC called her “Itchie,” but she was known to the entertainment world by her stage name of Karen Kamon and for her performance of "Manhunt" on the FLASHDANCE soundtrack.

On a personal note, “Itchie” was one of my most enthusiastic, generous, and important sources during the writing of LITTLE GIRL BLUE. We spent many hours on the phone, right up until my deadline with the publisher. She will be greatly missed! ❤

Message from Randy Schmidt on his “Little Girl Blue” Facebook page:

I am saddened to report on the passing of Karen Ichiuji Ramone, wife of the late Phil Ramone, and one of Karen Carpenter’s closest friends and confidantes. KC called her “Itchie,” but she was known to the entertainment world by her stage name of Karen Kamon and for her performance of "Manhunt" on the FLASHDANCE soundtrack.

On a personal note, “Itchie” was one of my most enthusiastic, generous, and important sources during the writing of LITTLE GIRL BLUE. We spent many hours on the phone, right up until my deadline with the publisher. She will be greatly missed! ❤

That is heart breaking. And now there is one less connection to Karen in this world.

That is very sad news. By all accounts, she was the kind of friend you'd want in your corner. She really went the extra mile in supporting Karen in those last years.

At least we got to hear her side of Karen's story in Randy's book, where she provided a wealth of detail that I suspect may never have seen the light of day otherwise.

I always liked Itchy. I saw her in one of the documentaries about either Karen or Carpenters. Find A Grave doesn't list where either Itchy or Phil Ramone are buried. RIP Sweet Lady. Give our Karen a hug for us!

I didn't know that Karen "Itchie" Ramone died 4 years ago in 2020. That's so sad! She and Karen Carpenter were very close friends of each other. Anyone notice in that photo of Karen Ramone and Karen Carpenter standing next to each other in Brazil, that Karen Ramone bore a moderately strong facial and hairstyle resemblance to Karen Carpenter?

I didn't know that Karen "Itchie" Ramone died 4 years ago in 2020. That's so sad! She and Karen Carpenter were very close friends of each other. Anyone notice in that photo of Karen Ramone and Karen Carpenter standing next to each other in Brazil, that Karen Ramone bore a moderately strong facial and hairstyle resemblance to Karen Carpenter?

I don’t think they bore any resemblance at all.

Back
Top Bottom