Billboard: Remembering Carpenters, 50 Years After Their Hot 100 Debut

Carpe diem

Happy 50th Anniversary to the release of the single Close To You!! The duo's greatest hit (4 weeks at the top of the "Big Chart"), their international breakout song, and of course the first time most of the world heard that unique and God-given voice of Karen's. And as a tribute to this momentous occasion in Carpenter history, let's go back in time and enjoy this beautiful Bacharach/David song as arranged by Mr Richard Carpenter:

Last edited:
It’s so lovely to read such words in modern times even though we already know that Karen was the best. And it’s also nice to hear that no one has ever come close to her.

Happy 50th Anniversary to the release of the single Close To You!! The duo's greatest hit (4 weeks at the top of the "Big Chart"), their international breakout song, and of course the first time most of the world heard that unique and God-given voice of Karen's. And as a tribute to this momentous occasion in Carpenter history, let's go back in time and enjoy this beautiful Bacharach/David song as arranged by Mr Richard Carpenter:

Thanks for posting this up, I was 13 at the time of that Bob Hope show. It was also my first time seeing the Carpenters on TV. I have two LPs of The Carpenters, from the 70's still to this day are in very good condition. This is the 2nd time Viewing that of the Carpenters, 62 now. Karen and Richard where truly as good as Music artist can be. As all who know the Carpenters Karen's voice was one in 100000,000 and Richard's Musical geniuses unmatched even to this today.

Back
Top Bottom