For sale: Rare or hard to find list of Carpenters items

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
For those who might be interested, I have a friend who is selling a rather extensive list of Carpenters items — many of which are rare, out of print or just hard to find. If interested, please PM me and I'll get you the list of whatever is available.

For those who might be interested, I have a friend who is selling a rather extensive list of Carpenters items — many of which are rare, out of print or just hard to find. If interested, please PM me and I'll get you the list of whatever is available.

How do I send you a PM?

Hi Ans! Go up to the envelope/mail icon, click for the drop down, then select "Start New Conversation."

Thanks!

It’s too bad that he wouldn’t even put out a single. Since this Christmas album has been in the works since what? 1981?

Never did get a response about this one lol Oh well.

Neither did I but that's okay cause I just bought a bunch of stuff from Japan so it's better I stay away from seeing more
Seems too good to be true...I wonder what's wrong with it.

I think it's still early in the auction. I've seen them start at $19 and go up to $150+

Seems too good to be true...I wonder what's wrong with it.

I’ve got an absolute pristine - inside and out - Offering LP and it cost me £150. There is one currently on eBay - admittedly a promotional pressing - but going for £900 which has corner creases on the cover and wrinkles on the inside sleeve. Crazy price.

Last edited:
Neither did I but that's okay cause I just bought a bunch of stuff from Japan so it's better I stay away from seeing more

I think it's still early in the auction. I've seen them start at $19 and go up to $150+
OK, so that is just the start-out price. I'm not familiar with these online auctions. They confuse the issue by calling it "Ticket To Ride" first pressing. Why not just call it "Offering", which it is. Thanks for pointing that out.

I’ve got an absolute pristine - inside and out - Offering LP and it cost me £150. There is one currently on eBay - admittedly a promotional pressing - but going for £900 which has corner creases on the cover and wrinkles on the inside sleeve. Crazy price.

I believe anything of quality as far as Offering is concerned is going to run close to a GRAND, (US) money. Unless you hit an "estate sale" where a nice little old lady is liquidating her late husband's vinyl record collection and you chance upon it...:)

Last edited:
OK, so that is just the start-out price. I'm not familiar with these online auctions. They confuse the issue by calling it "Ticket To Ride" first pressing. Why not just call it "Offering", which it is. Thanks for pointing that out.

I just looked at the one on eBay and it's at $80 US now. That escalated rather quickly. Lol

I believe anything of quality as far as Offering is concerned is going to run close to a GRAND, (US) money. Unless you hit an "estate sale" where a nice little old lady is liquidating her late husband's vinyl record collection and you chance upon it...:)
And the old lady's husband would have had to have been OCD. :D

I have seen Offering being sold for $100 - $300 on eBay.
Now, back in the late 90's Offering was sold for close to a grand.

I laid down $200 for a vg copy.
The guy was selling best offer so I blurted out $200 and sold.

Got mine as a gift from my sister. She only paid $4.98 at a store.

I also have a pristine copy inside and out - it still has the shrink-wrap on the jacket. I actually wonder if it was even played.

Back
Top Bottom