Playing with Carpenters on Audacity

Simon KC1950

So I installed Audacity and it is so fun to be able to play around with Carpenters tracks. I am no expert on it and have limited operations I've performed on it (so far vocal isolation centre isolation or removal, and reverb ect.) Does anyone have any tips on what to do and with what songs? I thought this would be a fun thread to see what we've all "discovered" playing with Audacity.

Currently listening to "Tryin' To Get That Feeling Again" which really lets you hear Karen if you (and this applies to a lot of songs): Effects > Vocal Reduction and Isolation > Isolate Vocals > then Amplify.

"I Need To Be In Love" is another one this works nicely on.

"Beechwood 4-5789" is interesting to hear when isolating or removing the centre.

Any other ideas or tips?

(Note: I think the Carpenters recordings are outstanding and perfect as they are, but I find it interesting to dig into the tracks to hear things that may not be as noticeable ordinarily it really lets you see how complex they are with the amount of work that went into them, and to hear them in a slightly different way)

Due to my CarpenterS listening, I've spent my life's pursuit of electronics just to improve sound to the very best my wallet can afford. It's my only weakness.

So I installed Audacity and it is so fun to be able to play around with Carpenters tracks. I am no expert on it and have limited operations I've performed on it (so far vocal isolation centre isolation or removal, and reverb ect.) Does anyone have any tips on what to do and with what songs? I thought this would be a fun thread to see what we've all "discovered" playing with Audacity.

Currently listening to "Tryin' To Get That Feeling Again" which really lets you hear Karen if you (and this applies to a lot of songs): Effects > Vocal Reduction and Isolation > Isolate Vocals > then Amplify.

"I Need To Be In Love" is another one this works nicely on.

"Beechwood 4-5789" is interesting to hear when isolating or removing the centre.

Any other ideas or tips?

(Note: I think the Carpenters recordings are outstanding and perfect as they are, but I find it interesting to dig into the tracks to hear things that may not be as noticeable ordinarily it really lets you see how complex they are with the amount of work that went into them, and to hear them in a slightly different way)

Just the thread i was going to do myself.

You should try one fine day with remove vocals setting. You'll hear the shoobie doobie more pronounced as well as the background vocals. I will definitely try i need to be in love.

Back
Top Bottom