January 2021 in memoriam

Actor Peter Mark Richman has died at 93 years old. Peter Mark Richman - Wikipedia
At one time, I was one degree of separation from Peter Mark Richman. His bio will tell you that he studied to become a pharmacist at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy - and it turns out, he was friends with the pharmacist that I once worked for during my college years. They both went to school together.

Terrific actor and very prolific. I have all manor of performances of his in my many movies and TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray.

Last edited:
Phil Spector had a brief partnership with A&M in 1969. His productions yielded two albums. 'LOVE IS ALL WE HAVE TO GIVE' by the Checkmates LTD (SP 4183) had a successful single, 'Black Pearl.' Ike & Tina Turner 'RIVER DEEP MOUNTAIN HIGH' (SP 4178) had the title single. Plans for a Ronettes album (SP 4192) did not materialize. A single, "You Came, You Saw, You Conquered," got some airplay but little chart success.

Somewhere I read Phil's relationship with the label staff was acrimonious. A photo of him was used for a dart board target in the studio. I wondered if the Ronettes album got recorded and shelved or just never was completed.

JB

I remember listening to a bootleg of John Lennon and Spector rehearsing some material. It wasn’t going well. Lennon, obviously getting frustrated yelled at Phil saying “This is our big shot for A&M, let’s not F**** it up.”

Spector’s reply was “Herbie did...” I wondered what that meant...?

Phil Spector had a brief partnership with A&M in 1969. His productions yielded two albums....
Another sort of Spector/A&M connection.... In 1980 or 81 Ronnie Spector was working on a "comeback" album and selected the song "Romantic Lessons" by I.R.S. artist (Jim) Skafish to cover. Either Phil Spector threw it out or (like many Spector projects at this point in his career) was simply never completed or even started beyond the concept stage.

--Mr Bill

Back
Top Bottom