Karen Sampled by Rapper

Mark-T

Karen's "Oh yes" vocal from Please Mr. Postman in sped up form appears on rapper Juelz Santana's "Oh Yes (Edited version)". He's in prison now. Must be a first time they've been sampled by a convict.

The first Carpenters, Carpenter/Bettis remake I ever heard and own, is the Yesterday Once More/Nothing Remains The Same Medley by the Detroit Spinners. It’s on a 12” single. It’s actually the Spinners, but they went by the other name in England. Atlantic Records.

The first Carpenters, Carpenter/Bettis remake I ever heard and own, is the Yesterday Once More/Nothing Remains The Same Medley by the Detroit Spinners. It’s on a 12” single. It’s actually the Spinners, but they went by the other name in England. Atlantic Records.
I had The Spinners’ version on single at the time it was released and have the long version on CD now. I like it, although, of course, it’s totally different from K&R’s version. I think a reason that it wasn’t a hit was that they released about four remakes in medley form on singles in close succession. I think people thought, ‘Here they go again - same old idea - exactly the same formula.....’

A rapper also took part of Karen’s “it’s really you”.
Thanks Jarred, I *knew* I had heard one of Karen's unreleased solo songs in a rapsong on YT some time ago (if only I could remember the new title)
I actually think that the chorus of Karen's "Midnight" could lend itself to a rapsong, similar to the way Warren G used Michael McDonald's "I keep forgettin'". Some civilized lyrics and a nice funky beat added to it and who knows, might be a hit :wiggle:

Back
Top Bottom