Chris Montez

rastus

Can anyone help me with this track
Chris Montez. Because of you 1967 Single version. Is this a live version. Thanks in advance

It is commonly believed that any A&M Chris Montez tracks that sound "live", they were actually recorded in-studio and the live effects were added afterwards. It's certainly true with "Because Of You" from the FOOLIN' AROUND album.

It is commonly believed that any A&M Chris Montez tracks that sound "live", they were actually recorded in-studio and the live effects were added afterwards. It's certainly true with "Because Of You" from the FOOLIN' AROUND album.
Thanks Harry, But is the 45 a carbon copy of the LP version, Thank you.

Thanks Harry, But is the 45 a carbon copy of the LP version, Thank you.
I do not own the 45, so I can't say. It's likely to be the same mix as what was on the album, but in mono. There could be differences in the compression or reverb added to a single. A&M was known to do that.

It is commonly believed that any A&M Chris Montez tracks that sound "live", they were actually recorded in-studio and the live effects were added afterwards.
That same business was done with The French Song on The Sandpipers' self-titled 2nd LP ('67).

Back
Top Bottom