R and KC Performing Arts Centre

cam89

Does anyone have video clips of when the Richard and Karen Carpenter Performing Arts Centre opened/premiered? I remember I had gotten a program from a fan and I sent it to RC and he autographed it and then I lost it when I moved and lost a lot of my prized Carpenters letters, memorabilia as well as other stuff....I remember they had mentioned that in the tribute, Richard accompanied Karens visual performance of From This Moment On and it appeared as if she winked at him while he was playing to her onscreen....

Cam

Does anyone have video clips of when the Richard and Karen Carpenter Performing Arts Centre opened/premiered? I remember I had gotten a program from a fan and I sent it to RC and he autographed it and then I lost it when I moved and lost a lot of my prized Carpenters letters, memorabilia as well as other stuff....I remember they had mentioned that in the tribute, Richard accompanied Karens visual performance of From This Moment On and it appeared as if she winked at him while he was playing to her onscreen....

Cam
Would be great to see some video of that evening. Here's an ad and a review from 1994:

L.A. Times, September 4, 1994 (ad)

L.A. Times, October 3rd, 1994 (review)

On Chris Bruinsma's YouTube channel there's a video with photos that may be from that evening (I could be wrong though?)
It starts at 3:00 into the video:

As far as the first half of the video goes (1972 concert photos), I think that's the first time I've seen images of Richard performing with his glasses on :)

Back
Top Bottom