📣 News Carpenters: The Musical Legacy (Discussion)

Hahaha now THIS is funny!!

Okay, okay!!

Richard signed off on the book with us Wednesday night! @Mike Cidoni Lennox and I are both relieved, and very excited! This has been a 3-year labor of love, as we more or less threw the kitchen sink into this project, which involved many, many long days (and some evenings) with Richard.

Back to you Mr. Lennox :laugh:

I received an email from Amazon that it is shipping the end of October now. Is that correct Chris?

I received an email from Amazon that it is shipping the end of October now. Is that correct

The original October 5 date has been pushed back slightly, that is correct. An official press release will be launched within the next week or two at the latest, which will include the updated date of release.

Simultaneously, an announcement will be made here, both on the home page as well as in the forum.

Chris

Hahaha now THIS is funny!!

Okay, okay!!

Richard signed off on the book with us Wednesday night! @Mike Cidoni Lennox and I are both relieved, and very excited! This has been a 3-year labor of love, as we more or less threw the kitchen sink into this book, which involved many, many long days (and some evenings) with Richard.

Back to you Mr. Lennox :laugh:
I bet that was a tense Wednesday night. Congrats guys.

Just pre-ordered at Amazon, along with a pre-order for "Maverick", a biography of the great scholar Thomas Sowell by Jason Riley...readings of the highest order. Thanks in advance to Chris and Mike!

Just pre-ordered at Amazon, along with a pre-order for "Maverick", a biography of the great scholar Thomas Sowell by Jason Riley...readings of the highest order. Thanks in advance to Chris and Mike!

Thanks John!

I have books and movies from TWO YEARS ago I haven’t read or watched because this has been all-consuming.
“Maverick” sounds glorious.
But they have to wait until the ...
Oh, I don’t think we can say anything about the other stuff yet.
Right, Chris?
DANG!
😒

Richard signed off on the book with us Wednesday night! @Mike Cidoni Lennox and I are both relieved, and very excited! This has been a 3-year labor of love, as we more or less threw the kitchen sink into this project, which involved many, many long days (and some evenings) with Richard.

Congratulations, Chris & Mike!

After Richard signed off, I hope all 3 of you toasted your project with some champagne (or something similar)! :tiphat:

I note that the new pub date is a bit closer to Richard's birthday than the original...and Chris & Mike are delivering the ultimate Christmas present to us all with plenty of time for us to buy copies for that portion of our personal friends who need to be re-enlightened about the greatness of Karen and Richard!

Thanks to both of you for your dedication and hard work--and here's hoping that thousands of new Carpenters fans will be created as a result of your labor of love!

I note that the new pub date is a bit closer to Richard's birthday than the original...and Chris & Mike are delivering the ultimate Christmas present to us all with plenty of time for us to buy copies for that portion of our personal friends who need to be re-enlightened about the greatness of Karen and Richard!

Thanks to both of you for your dedication and hard work--and here's hoping that thousands of new Carpenters fans will be created as a result of your labor of love!
You couldn't be more spot on there, Don! :)

Actually, Princeton Arch Press (our publisher) pushed the date back due to a conflict with a couple of other biographies that are set for release early October.

These kinds of books certainly DO make nice Christmas gifts, and Mike and I only hope that ours will be regarded as such.

I would like to add my two cents in as well ..... Thank you Chris & Mike and most definitely Richard and most certainly Karen, for this upcoming wonderful new chapter (no pun intended) for us Die Hard Carpenters fans!! Thank you so very very much!!

Amazon in the UK price the book at £25 (£22 for Prime customers). Release date in the UK will be October 19th, 2021. As Tom_P has already posted, you can pre order the book in the UK.

You couldn't be more spot on there, Don! :)

Actually, Princeton Arch Press (our publisher) pushed the date back due to a conflict with a couple of other biographies that are set for release early October.

These kinds of books certainly DO make nice Christmas gifts, and Mike and I only hope that ours will be regarded as such.
Can’t wait to get it!!!!!
Jonathan

Amazon in the UK price the book at £25 (£22 for Prime customers). Release date in the UK will be October 19th, 2021. As Tom_P has already posted, you can pre order the book in the UK.
That's $35 +/_ (1 Pound=1.41 Dollars)

Back
Top Bottom