Olivia Newton-John Remasters Project

I have a question!

Maybe it has been discussed here.

Will we be seeing ONJ's earlier stuff, say, Eurovision-era, finally in the iTunes Store? I'd actually really love to see an ONJ-official release of her Eurovision performances on DVD or Blu-ray. (Yes, I know that the 525-line video would be upscaled to 1080p HD.)

(Low key would love to see this type of archivist work happen with the Carpenters discography and videography!)

That would be a miracle!

I also definitely recognize this is not really my cup of tea or my favorite of ONJ, but fun fact for those who may not know Eurovision, this was the same song contest that ABBA won for "Waterloo."

Olivia actually lost with that song to ABBA. She has stated she was never fond of that song either!

(Low key would love to see this type of archivist work happen with the Carpenters discography and videography!)

That would be great!!!
But also the ONJ stuff has been put off for decades now. I won't hold my breath in the meantime. Remaining pessimistically optimistic. In other words, I'm a realist. :)

I also definitely recognize this is not really my cup of tea or my favorite of ONJ, but fun fact for those who may not know Eurovision, this was the same song contest that ABBA won for "Waterloo."
Well, you'll be pleased to know that Olivia really did not like this song either, but the British public had chosen it... I believe she also didn't like that the public voted for her to wear a dress, nevertheless she looked radiant, as always :)

Was great though to hear her performing the song almost 40 years later during her British tour in 2013 and I actually got to see it happening in Brighton, be it at another venue. Olivia seemed very happy to be performing the song there and then that was her own favorite out of the 6 "songs for Europe" (and also on the B-side of the 45), "Angel Eyes". I guess it must have felt like history being repeated except with the song she actually liked :)

Great video quality by the way!! d:)b

Well, you'll be pleased to know that Olivia really did not like this song either, but the British public had chosen it... I believe she also didn't like that the public voted for her to wear a dress, nevertheless she looked radiant, as always :)

Was great though to hear her performing the song almost 40 years later during her British tour in 2013 and I actually got to see it happening in Brighton, be it at another venue. Olivia seemed very happy to be performing the song there and then that was her own favorite out of the 6 "songs for Europe" (and also on the B-side of the 45), "Angel Eyes". I guess it must have felt like history being repeated except with the song she actually liked :)

Great video quality by the way!! d:)b

Angel Eyes is much more of an "Olivia" song. She always excelled on the ballads, just like her friend Karen Carpenter did!

Angel Eyes is much more of an "Olivia" song. She always excelled on the ballads, just like her friend Karen Carpenter did!
Very true! :D

Okay this is what it was like in Brighton 8 years ago. My seat was not exactly close to the stage, so I had to zoom in a lot, hence the shaky camerawork (sorry about that, but... you can also just listen to it :wink: )

The song that followed after this video was from a completely different part of Olivia's career ("Make A Move On Me" :cool: )

Thank for sharing the Brighton video! One of those WTF moments, as that would be the least expected song from Olivia's catalog she would perform.
It's amazing how we see things different down the line from the first time we experience something. Olivia is no different than us. And yes, Angel Eyes is the one she really loved. :)

Thank for sharing the Brighton video! One of those WTF moments, as that would be the least expected song from Olivia's catalog she would perform.
It's amazing how we see things different down the line from the first time we experience something. Olivia is no different than us. And yes, Angel Eyes is the one she really loved. :)
You're very welcome and yes it was a really big surprise (although secretly hoped for by me because of the location) to hear those '74 songs! Another big unexpected surprise was to hear Olivia sing this one, which was a hit for her in the UK in the early '70s. I have a feeling that she hadn't performed it live since then, so it was a real treat! :D

(this was from the concert in London the night before, I wasn't there...)

You're very welcome and yes it was a really big surprise (although secretly hoped for by me because of the location) to hear those '74 songs! Another big unexpected surprise was to hear Olivia sing this one, which was a hit for her in the UK in the early '70s. I have a feeling that she hadn't performed it live since then, so it was a real treat! :D

(this was from the concert in London the night before, I wasn't there...)

Awesome! This song has only been released in the states as a vinyl single. Never been on an album, CD or compilation here. The only early album that was released here was "If Not For You" in 1971, and it's never had a CD release. The other two albums, Let Me Be There and If You Love Me Let Me Know are both compilations, and leave out many tracks that got released internationally.

There are so many early tracks that have never had an American release, yet Olivia had the biggest success here overall. Maybe we will get some of the songs on the Remasters that are being worked on.

Thanks again for the video/audio share. I hate the red lipstick Olivia was wearing for a time. It just doesn't suit her! lol Did you like Window In The Wall?

I don't know if these three songs are all going to be a part of her pending duets album, but she has the duet w/Chloe, one with Barry Gibb and now one with Paul Anka all released recently. So she must be feeling better, and wanting to sing again! :)

^Kind of reminds me of the animation part in the movie "Grease." It really fits the retro feeling we get with these two artists now.^

I don't know if these three songs are all going to be a part of her pending duets album, but she has the duet w/Chloe, one with Barry Gibb and now one with Paul Anka all released recently. So she must be feeling better, and wanting to sing again! :)
I think so, too, but I also feel Olivia probably just wants to get back to any recording at her own pace, without any obligations and those recent 3 releases have been happy surprises. Already looking forward now to the next one(s) 😊

I think so, too, but I also feel Olivia probably just wants to get back to any recording at her own pace, without any obligations and those recent 3 releases have been happy surprises. Already looking forward now to the next one(s) 😊
It's kind of funny that I think Barry and Olivia kind-of sound like a Grandma and Grandpa singing Rest Your Love On Me in 2021.

I guess the cd came out a few years ago. Glad I was lucky enough to get an original back in 1980. Not worth that much anymore. Nice that her fans will finally get a real copy now.

Oh wow, what do you know! The Toomorrow soundtrack is getting a reissue on vinyl!! 😃:b-boogie:

Check this out:
Walkin' on Air: Second Disc Records, Real Gone Music Reissue Olivia Newton-John's "Toomorrow" Soundtrack on Vinyl - The Second Disc

I just wish they got the facts right though, drummer Karl Chambers did not replace Chris Slade, it was the other way around, but that is just a minor detail in the article, I know.
Very much looking forward to this and the extra photos, already pre-ordered :D
Which color did you pre-order?
I was disappointed that the remastered CD did not contain the 2 bonus tracks, Roll Like A River and I Could Never Live Without Your Love both of which have Olivia's vocals. It must be some kind of copyright or license issue. This re-issue on vinyl would have been even better if they included these 2 bonus tracks pressed on 45 rpm included in the set. I'd buy it then.

Which color did you pre-order?
I was disappointed that the remastered CD did not contain the 2 bonus tracks, Roll Like A River and I Could Never Live Without Your Love both of which have Olivia's vocals. It must be some kind of copyright or license issue. This re-issue on vinyl would have been even better if they included these 2 bonus tracks pressed on 45 rpm included in the set. I'd buy it then.
I went for the spaciest sounding one, the red-blue-green swirl colored one. Maybe the red and copper swirl would fit the colors of the front cover better? I don't know... The purple one seemed too similar to the original black vinyl from 1970 (which I already have). I might even opt for an additional copy with different colors later on :D

You're right, the inclusion of an extra 45 with the Decca songs would have been really great, but that might have been just the problem, the different label (indeed possibly causing copyrights and license issues)

Now, if only they (the BFI??) would release a properly restored version of the movie on DVD (uncropped image, sound coming from both channels and the whole movie running at the correct speed - so, not sped up!)... :love:

You're right, the inclusion of an extra 45 with the Decca songs would have been really great, but that might have been just the problem, the different label (indeed possibly causing copyrights and license issues)

Now, if only they (the BFI??) would release a properly restored version of the movie on DVD (uncropped image, sound coming from both channels and the whole movie running at the correct speed - so, not sped up!)... :love:

I'm content with the CD issue of Toomorrow from a few years ago, but these other two things, a descent DVD and the two song non-album single are must-haves for any Olivia fan!

There's also 2 live bbc tracks by Toomorrow that could've been issued as bonus. There's a short interview then a nice live in studio of ICNLWYL and then Toomorrow. Olivia's vocals are really nice on these early live tracks.

Has there been any further news on this remix project of all Olivia's albums? I can't seem to find any.

I can't find anything on-line that indicates any work being done or any release dates. I've been wondering too.
Lots to look forward to, if this actually makes it to the streets. :)

Today, 40 years ago, Olivia received her star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood (Aug. 5, 1981 on 6925 Hollywood Blvd.) 🥳

da5369ddb9de3eb4d912f03713ed7df8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom