New HERB Album Due Sept 2021

Looking forward to hearing it. I wonder if the name: Catch the Wind was inspired by playing trumpet in his windy back lot overlooking the Pacific Ocean...

Is it the same ones ("Smile", "Zoo Train 21", "Dance With Me" & "Slick" (with Jeff Lorber)) the same songs that are on Apple iTunes???

I Wonder if "I'm coming Home is the same song Herb did with Hugh Masekela on "Main Event Live"? In any case the Song listing Looks Excellent I Look forward to adding this to my collection

My birthday is in that month. I'll consider this a great gift. The tracks looks great, and of course we already have some of them. I was a bit surprised NOT to see "Billie Jean" with them, as we did get to hear that briefly in Soundcloud. Oh well, I guess it didn't make the cut, literally. I enjoyed it, though. "I'm Coming Home" must be the same as the the Alpert composed song on Main Event Live, as Bobberman questioned above. I like that tune.

Fantasy Island? The same as from Magic Man?

This seems like a rehash release. Not seeing the point though its nice to see an homage to Main Event Live, given the passing of Masekela abd Gwangwa though this tune is an Alpert composition.

Last edited:
Why in the world don't they update the HerbAlpert.com website? He has put out FOUR (and soon to be FIVE) albums plus a box set since that section was updated ... in 2016.

Time to pay the bill for that outside service, I think! :)

Seems like music artists tend to get a new website design created when they have a new project or tour coming up. Then when that event has run its course, the website just sits there gathering dust (and presumably, not having much traffic) until the artists gears up a new project and then the cycle starts over again.

Herb's site seems to be an odd combination -- the news area gets updates, but the music area doesn't.

It's more costly to have a website that is continually maintained, monitored and updated. Maybe Herb's site doesn't have the traffic to warrant such an expense, but it does look bad to have an unmaintained website. Maybe they'll update it when he starts touring again.

With so many CMS systems available now, and WordPress still hanging in there, it's relatively easy for end users to update their own sites these days. Sad part is, some artists rely totally on fb to promote themselves, and there are some of us out here who refuse to visit fb, let alone create an account to access it. Big mistake--they're excluding a large number of their following that way. I do admit I need a developer account at fb to get API permissions, but I do it in a virtual machine with an incognito browser window, so no traces are left on my computer. And of course, not one scrap of my personal information is posted there.

Plus if you want to reach anybody under about 50, FB is seen as "not cool" by that group. Admittedly not a lot of Herb fans are in that bunch, but you never know.... they were hoping to create younger TJB fans with the HAP series, for example.

But anyway.... the new album looks cool. I may go back to a physical purchase for this one, I just don't like buying anything "download only" that I know I'll want to keep forever... I miss looking at the package and reading the credits.

Back
Top Bottom