Lost my entire carpenters collection.

Kristopher

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here, life has been busy. Not sure if anyone remembers me. I had every single 8-Track including Offering, multiple copies of that on LP, every 45 except looking for love, cassette, all the original fan club letters with trifolds, buttons, different pressings you name it.

Im 32 now, the same age as Karen when she passed. To think about that makes me more sad… I’ve struggled with the disorder along with autism myself. Carpenters are my favourite artist, and the only artist I’ve played every day since childhood. I got made fun of every day as a millennial… My teachers thought I had good taste in music.

There is a point to this I Swear.

I just left a physically abusive relationship of 7 years. While staying with friends and still am, he smashed and snapped all 5872 records I own, ripped up my Carpenters Fan Letters, put my tapes and reels on the balcony to melt, I’m still hurt. I backed up all my CDs as lossless in my Max… but guess what happened to my Mac unfortunately.

I’m currently staying with friends, and have repurchased every Carpenters album well most. I acquired All the 2012 SHM discs using the same masters as Remastered Classics, Lovelines 2016 SHM, and another copy of Offering with the original cover 2016 SHM on top of Ticket To Ride 2012.

This may sound sleazy, but two albums I can’t afford to replace are Live At The Palladium and Live In Japan 2016 SHM. Those 2 and Offering were the only 2016 SHM releases I owned in my lost collection. If anyone searches the forum, I started a thread on the 2016 Palladium and how amazing it sounded compared to Pickwick.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with lossless files for the two live albums I had. If this looks tacky I’m sorry I feel embarrassed asking for help like this to begin with. I’ll check my inbox.

I lost everything and don’t have the ability to get the two live albums I had, which I will again eventually.

Just realised those were 2009 and not 2016, i just assumed 2016 because of the style of the Offering/Ticket I Had before.

Thank you I appreciate it. Listening to music not just carpenters to heal. I’m trying to focus on positive things and thinking about a happy future!

Kristopher, I can totally relate. I had moved my Carpenters collection back to my parents after grad school. When I moved from Illinois to Georgia, I didnt take my collection with me as I thought I’d be back to get it. I never did. My mother threw away all of my Carpenters albums without my permission. Every cd, lp, vhs, dvd, book....every thing. I have recovered a few items from ebay, but I’ll ever have what I did. So I can relate, man.

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here, life has been busy. Not sure if anyone remembers me. I had every single 8-Track including Offering, multiple copies of that on LP, every 45 except looking for love, cassette, all the original fan club letters with trifolds, buttons, different pressings you name it.

Im 32 now, the same age as Karen when she passed. To think about that makes me more sad… I’ve struggled with the disorder along with autism myself. Carpenters are my favourite artist, and the only artist I’ve played every day since childhood. I got made fun of every day as a millennial… My teachers thought I had good taste in music.

I just left a physically abusive relationship of 7 years. While staying with friends and still am, he smashed and snapped all 5872 records I own, ripped up my Carpenters Fan Letters, put my tapes and reels on the balcony to melt, I’m still hurt. I backed up all my CDs as lossless in my Max… but guess what happened to my Mac unfortunately.

I’m currently staying with friends, and have repurchased every Carpenters album well most. I acquired All the 2012 SHM discs using the same masters as Remastered Classics, Lovelines 2016 SHM, and another copy of Offering with the original cover 2016 SHM on top of Ticket To Ride 2012.

This may sound sleazy, but two albums I can’t afford to replace are Live At The Palladium and Live In Japan 2016 SHM. Those 2 and Offering were the only 2016 SHM releases I owned in my lost collection. If anyone searches the forum, I started a thread on the 2016 Palladium and how amazing it sounded compared to Pickwick.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with lossless files for the two live albums I had. If this looks tacky I’m sorry I feel embarrassed asking for help like this to begin with. I’ll check my inbox.

I lost everything and don’t have the ability to get the two live albums I had, which I will again eventually.
I am so sorry to hear about your painful experience. Feel free to send me a message, as I may be able to help with some of the items you are missing/seeking.

Back
Top Bottom