Richard Carpenter's Piano Songbook

Will we ever hear the Christmas Album that's been touted for over a decade now? Don't get me wrong, I already pre-ordered this; however, as a consumer, I'd rather have some "new" material from Richard rather than another instrumental package of the hits. But I will hold off on my judgement until I receive it and play it. It's going to be an interesting, if not exciting, Fall.

Will we ever hear the Christmas Album that's been touted for over a decade now? Don't get me wrong, I already pre-ordered this; however, as a consumer, I'd rather have some "new" material from Richard rather than another instrumental package of the hits. But I will hold off on my judgement until I receive it and play it. It's going to be an interesting, if not exciting, Fall.

The Christmas album has been in production now for almost 20 years (I first heard about it in 2002).

Yahoo Entertainment has picked up the story:

23 minutes ago on UMG website:

Richard Carpenter Interprets His Carpenters Favorites For New ‘Piano Songbook’​

"Carpenter brings his unique interpretations to some of the most beloved melodies in the entire pop canon."
Here:

Yep, pre-ordered my LP! 🥳 I'll have to wait a few extra weeks for it (early December), but it'll be totally worth it, the preview sounds very soothing 😻

Track list:
1. Medley: Sing, Goodbye to Love, Eve, Rainy Days and Mondays
2. I Won't Last a Day Without You
3. For All We Know
4. Close To You
5. Yesterday Once More
6. I Need to Be In Love
7. The Rainbow Connection
8. Top of the World
9. We've Only Just Begun
10. Sing
11. Eve
12. Rainy Days and Mondays

Classical Centerstage Store logo

According to the UDiscoverMusic article, the song list is as follows. (I wonder which one is right?)

1. Close To You
2. Medley: Sing, Goodbye to Love, Eve, Rainy Days and Mondays
3. I Won’t Last a Day Without You
4. For All We Know
5. Yesterday Once More
6. I Need to Be In Love
8. Top of the World
9. We’ve Only Just Begun

According to the UDiscoverMusic article, the song list is as follows. (I wonder which one is right?)

1. Close To You
4. For All We Know
5. Yesterday Once More
6. I Need to Be In Love
8. Top of the World
9. We’ve Only Just Begun
I did not see that. I hope its true only piano i am hoping that there is another release.

1. Close To You
4. For All We Know
5. Yesterday Once More
6. I Need to Be In Love
8. Top of the World
9. We’ve Only Just Begun
This would be the correct playlist, Mark! :)

I want to know what the 3rd project is. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wishes October 19th and 22nd would hurry !

Back
Top Bottom