Richard Carpenter's Piano Songbook

My thanks to member Scott B. who tipped me off that RICHARD CARPENTER'S PIANO SONGBOOK has already been released in Japan. I ordered it on Monday and it arrived today! It's an SHM-CD for all the good that is.

Quite a day today - I've gotten two new albums - one from ABBA and one from Richard Carpenter. That would have been totally unthinkable just a few years ago, yet here they are, ripping into my computer as I speak.

1636142677242.png

Nice!! So it came wrapped separately from the CD or it's the same size as a CD jacket?
I wonder why Japan can release there's but here in the USA I have to wait till Jan for delivery?
I'm tempted to cancel my order and get it in Japan, at least I'd have it for the holiday.

It was wrapped separately within the secure wrapping that CD Japan provides. I can't believe the speed, ordering Monday and arriving Friday.

I've just added the entry into the Resource. I'll likely update it with any US info when the time comes.

For the time being, the album is available in Japan, exclusively on the CD format. It will not be available on streaming services in Japan, nor sold there as a digital download, until the worldwide release in January 2022. So forget about using a VPN to stream it on Spotify or YouTube, and don't bother asking a Japanese friend to buy it for you from iTunes (like I did)! :laugh:

I suppose that January is not that long to wait after all...*

* (and before someone says to just buy the CD from Japan... the Japanese post office is not currently accepting mail to my country, due to this never-ending pandemic, and DHL/FedEx charge way more than the price of the CD)

Last edited:
For the time being, the album is available in Japan, exclusively on the CD format. It will not be available on streaming services in Japan, nor sold there as a digital download, until the worldwide release in January 2022. So forget about using a VPN to stream it on Spotify or YouTube, and don't bother asking a Japanese friend to buy it for you from iTunes (like I did)! :laugh:

I suppose that January is not that long to wait after all...*

* (and before someone says to just buy the CD from Japan... the Japanese post office is not currently accepting mail to my country, due to this never-ending pandemic, and DHL/FedEx charge way more than the price of the CD)
Murray, that’s if your shipping by air, but the Japanese post office is still shipping to Canada by surface. Takes longer (and with the way the ports are right now, maybe a lot longer) but mail is still coming from Japan.

Murray, that’s if your shipping by air, but the Japanese post office is still shipping to Canada by surface. Takes longer (and with the way the ports are right now, maybe a lot longer) but mail is still coming from Japan.
Good to know, but with the huge backlog at the ports, the CD would likely be sitting in a shipping container for a long time! I once made the mistake of having a book shipped from the UK by surface, and it took nearly two months, and this was long before covid.

So this sounds like Richard’s 3rd solo album (definitely not his long-awaited Christmas album). But it’s interesting that it’ll be on the Decca label, which is another Universal label (unless there’s a second, independent label called Decca).
Did we ever hear an explanation of what went down with that Christmas album supposedly planned for 2002?

I decided to just wait for the US Cd in January. It was going to cost too much for the Cd from Japan to the US, the shipping was as much as the Cd.

I have the new Olivia and ABBA cds to hold me over till Jan.
Same here! ABBA has arrived, Olivia coming soon and once we've entered '22, it won't be long until I can relax to Richard's new record that's spinning on the turntable :nap:

Back
Top Bottom