Olivia Newton-John Auctions Carpenters LPs

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Olivia is having yet another auction and if you go to her Instagram account she has a video.

She has had other auctions in the past so she seems to be letting go of a lot of her collection recently.

There is a lot of 7 Carpenters albums and one has a very special message of Karen handwritten on the album cover. Check it out here for the auction and photos. There is already numerous bids on it. The entire collection she is selling can also be viewed. There are more details about each item if you click on the photo.

There are 6 pages here is page one if you care to view.

So sad to read this...
Yeah, reality check Mark. Getting her affairs in order, and I know she's doing it for the greater good.
To raise money and awareness for cancer research and cure.

But it is sad that all these things will be scattered all over the world. There is an ABBA museum, how about one for ONJ. She certainly is a world treasure!

In efforts to show the photos long after the sale is over and this thread has gone to archive, here are the Carpenters LPs from Olivia's collection for sale. Congratulations to the lucky winner.
SHw6FoM.jpg

WBcrLYn.jpg

RkvXa0Q.jpg

I remember her first auction where she sold her famous Grease leather jacket and the man that won the bid later actually returned it back, it's on u tube so touching to watch Olivia getting it back, very emotional as it was a huge donation to her center.

There's a beautiful message that Chris_Sydney posted on another forum regarding Olivia's auctions.
I hope he doesn't mind if I copy it here. I agree with this...

"Olivia is 'cleaning house' and doing so of her own volition to see items that have been languishing in her closets and in storage transformed into funds for her foundation. Many of the items in this third auction are of less sentimental value for Olivia too, largely excess stock of tour memorabilia, photographs of herself, clothing... Why not allow this ephemera to go to homes where they will be treasured and enjoyed for years to come? Whilst it is sad to consider the clear subtext of this, it's also a reminder than when faced with her own challenges Olivia remains committed to making a difference for others. The knowledge that these auctions fund research into the plant-based treatment she has received since 2017 to allow others to experience the same benefits must bring her great joy.

Her gentle self-awareness that ultimately the love of family and friends is the most important possession any of us have, and that our actions whilst we are here on earth form our legacy, is heartening"

I remember her first auction where she sold her famous Grease leather jacket and the man that won the bid later actually returned it back, it's on u tube so touching to watch Olivia getting it back, very emotional as it was a huge donation to her center.

There's a beautiful message that Chris_Sydney posted on another forum regarding Olivia's auctions.
I hope he doesn't mind if I copy it here. I agree with this...

"Olivia is 'cleaning house' and doing so of her own volition to see items that have been languishing in her closets and in storage transformed into funds for her foundation. Many of the items in this third auction are of less sentimental value for Olivia too, largely excess stock of tour memorabilia, photographs of herself, clothing... Why not allow this ephemera to go to homes where they will be treasured and enjoyed for years to come? Whilst it is sad to consider the clear subtext of this, it's also a reminder than when faced with her own challenges Olivia remains committed to making a difference for others. The knowledge that these auctions fund research into the plant-based treatment she has received since 2017 to allow others to experience the same benefits must bring her great joy.

Her gentle self-awareness that ultimately the love of family and friends is the most important possession any of us have, and that our actions whilst we are here on earth form our legacy, is heartening"
Well put, both you and Chris_Sydney!
I too remember the first auction (still have the catalog). I was hoping to place a successful bid on red pants that I would have framed. Olivia wore them on her Hollywood Nights TV special while singing "Heartache Tonight" with Karen (the reason why I bid on that item) and the other guests. Alas, I was heavily overbid...
In the second auction I was lucky and able to help Olivia with her cause and Olivia helped me enjoying/treasuring LPs that she once enjoyed playing (or were at least from her collection :) ).
The auction today (on daughter Chloe's birthday) is going really well (still watching it online at Julienslive.com as I'm typing this). Most, if not all final bids far exceeded the estimated selling prices. Which also means that the items I was interested were unfortunately unaffordable for me, but it's good to know that more funds then expected will be raised for Olivia's hospital and her research for kinder treatments for cancer d:)b

Back
Top Bottom