⭐ Official Review [Single]: 4. "MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING"/"MR. GUDER" (1236-S)

Two easy ways to see if you replied to a thread. First is to scroll to the bottom of the page. It lists both "Who read" and "Who replied".

Second way is to do a search. Click in the Search box which opens the Search dialog. In the "By" field, type your user ID (handle). Then select "This Thread" in the box that defaults to "Everywhere". That will bring up a page with links to all of your replies to the thread.
Thanks Harry!

So Merry Christmas Darling was used on three different singles. Was the 1970 version used on all of them? Or did the subsequent singles get the revised version?

So Merry Christmas Darling was used on three different singles. Was the 1970 version used on all of them? Or did the subsequent singles get the revised version?
In my collection, all of the "Merry Christmas Darlings" on 45s are the 1970 single version.

I have:
- stock single on styrene with picture sleeve
- promo single on vinyl from Monarch in plain green sleeve
- same as above but in a green sleeve with label showing through
- stock b-side to "Christmas Song" on silver label, sleeve promoting the TV special
- Forget Me Not version of above with no TV promotion

I posted this earlier in the year. Pretty special find.

Yeah, I recall that you did post that, but only had my own 45s to go on. Jack Daugherty is credited on all of mine.

The 1978 version appeared on a UK 45 in 1990 that was backed by “Close To You” and came in a Christmas card. And then in 1996 it was the “B” side of the Japanese “Ave Maria” 3-inch CD single (where the actual CD had a typo and called it “Merry Christmas, Daring”).

Thanks. I know I have Santa Claus is Coming To Town and the Christmas Song. I should think I had the Merry Christmas Darling single too. But at least I know I have that version too, even if I don't find it. I mainly listen to it on the Christmas Portrait CD,,,ripped to MP3s. I think that's the updated version.

Back
Top Bottom