Carpenters New Vinyl releases in the future

Jorge

In the US around this time of the year I can see in the stores Christmas LP from Bing Crosby, Fitzgerald, Amy Grant you name it, tons of Christmas releases... Where is "CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT" ? Once again the record label misses a great opportunity to put this Christmas gem back in the market. I just don't get it.

FROM THE TOP should definitely be releases in LP format, with different colors. That would be an awesome thing if it ever happens.

Now, Karen Carpenter solo album released in LP with her original photo....that would be too much to ask. But I can dream, can't I? 😂

In the US around this time of the year I can see in the stores Christmas LP from Bing Crosby, Fitzgerald, Amy Grant you name it, tons of Christmas releases... Where is "CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT" ? Once again the record label misses a great opportunity to put this Christmas gem back in the market. I just don't get it.

FROM THE TOP should definitely be releases in LP format, with different colors. That would be an awesome thing if it ever happens.

Now, Karen Carpenter solo album released in LP with her original photo....that would be too much to ask. But I can dream, can't I? 😂
With the poor quality of the 2017 reissues, I think a lot of people want Universal to stay far away from issuing the albums on vinyl (although Richard’s Songbook received a very good vinyl release—-does Universal hold Decca releases at a higher standard than A&M catalog releases on vinyl?

With the poor quality of the 2017 reissues, I think a lot of people want Universal to stay far away from issuing the albums on vinyl (although Richard’s Songbook received a very good vinyl release—-does Universal hold Decca releases at a higher standard than A&M catalog releases on vinyl?
Hopefully the poor quality and dissatisfaction of the 2017 reissues were a learning experience for any future Carpenters releases on vinyl by Universal. I cannot imagine Universal would be silly enough to issue any new vinyls under that type of quality. They must have had to deal with millions of customer complaints.

Hopefully the poor quality and dissatisfaction of the 2017 reissues were a learning experience for any future Carpenters releases on vinyl by Universal. I cannot imagine Universal would be silly enough to issue any new vinyls under that type of quality. They must have had to deal with millions of customer complaints.
From what people were reporting, even when they sent out “new” ones, Universal just had people visually look at the records and if they didn’t see any scratches or damage, then they just shipped them, but people were reporting that the albums still sounded like pawn shop records.

But with the Christmas albums, and I was just listening to an original Christmas Portrait LP the other day, and that album is pretty dull sounding when compared to the West German CD, but that’s because Christmas Portrait is about 50 minutes in length (about 25 minutes per side—-LP’s maximum was 30 minutes, unless you are talking about the Trimicron LP that had 45 minutes per side, but the majority of rock LP’s only had about 15-20 minutes per side) which is in the upper limits of an LP’s capacity. So CP has very, very small grooves, which impact the dynamic range of the LP. So it wouldn’t take much for a small amount of mismanagement to produce even worse results than we saw in 2017. The only non-seasonal LP that comes close to that is Lovelines at about 45 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom