Cinco de Mayo

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! :bandit:

Isn't it great that they named a holiday after a Tijuana Brass record?

Harry
...silly, online...

Sounds like a good time to break out the Going Places!!! CD. I actually don't listen to "Cinco de Mayo" that much, but it's a good little party tune. I'll even have a Tecate to help with the celebration! :cheers:

Capt. Bacardi
NP: TJB - Going Places!!!

Harry said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo! :bandit:

Harry

Hmmm...wondered how I ended up having Chinese Food today?? :goofygrin:

I'll have to do Taco Bell tomorrow! :badteeth:

Dave

...getting ready to break out my Herb Alpert Stuff, online...:cool:

Harry said:
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! :bandit:

Wouldn't you know it? It's also the fifth of May! :laugh: :D

About all I could do to celebrate today was get an order of nachos at Max & Erma's, since at 10:30PM the Mexican places were closed. :sad:

"Cinco De Mayo" was the second tune that hooked me to the TJB when I was 7 years old. I didn't even know that it was a Mexican holiday until many years later. I can still remember the ecstasy opening my first copy of !!GOING PLACES!! on my 7th birthday and discovering that both "Tijuana Taxi" and "Cinco De Mayo" were on the album. "Spanish Flea" was the third TJB tune I fell in love with. Happy Cinco De Mayo to all and Herb, thanks for the music and the memories.

David,
NP- "Going Places" by Herb and Co.

I once made a list of all the songs I had that were named after days of the week. TJB hit a few - "Monday Monday," "Blue Sunday," and I think almost all the other days are represented by other artists --
"Saturday In the Park," ""Tuesday Afternoon," "Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.," and so on. I don't think I found a "Thursday" song, or at least I don't remember one.

Now I need to list the songs that are named after calendar dates...this one could start the list, but I think it'd be a shorter list!

About all I could do to celebrate today was get an order of nachos at Max & Erma's, since at 10:30PM the Mexican places were closed. :sad:
Jeez this is an outdated thread. I haven't touched chain restaurants in over a decade. :laugh: (Especially a dump like M&E!)

Back
Top Bottom