đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a fan? It'd be good to have someone who really appreciates them! I could see that being Vince Gill- seems to have good taste in music.

I think those who have mentioned, for several reasons, that it's unlikely to be "Yesterday Once More" in terms of naming this album, are correct. It has been used, maybe even overused, before.

The name might also be pulled from the lyrics of a song, too. In which case, there's tons of possibilities.

As to Richard's motivation for this, hard of course to get inside his head - but I would imagine that for him, a 50th is even more of a "wow" moment than for fans. And realistically, the last chance to really do honor to their body of work, at least anniversary-wise.

**Update**

There has been an incident in London, outside Parliament in Westminster. There are injuries but not believed to be life-threatening. The area is on lock down. Not sure if this will have any impact on the recording.

On the previous Royal Philharmonic recordings, it's the uptempo songs that sound the best. A tight rhythm section really re-imagines the old recordings. For example, check out Presley on "Bossa Nova baby".

Last edited:
Courtesy of Colin’s Instagram page. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in Abbey Road studios this week.

A576C80F-310A-42D6-A3E1-ECD352389E02_zpse1yze6ju.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom