šŸ“£ News Carpenters Royal Philharmonic Purchasing, Ordering, Shipping Thread

So I got the cd from Amazon and from a Target. I have ordered both black and white vinyl, but am thinking about only getting the white vinyl.
Is there a way to change my initial order? Will I be contacted before the vinyl is shipped?

Jonathan
Anyone????

Have you ordered the vinyls from the Carpenters store? If so there is a contact us form to fill in if you want to discuss the order. Iā€™ve contacted them a few times and theyā€™ve always replied usually within the week. I guess they may be able to adjust your order.

Anyone????

If you have ordered both from Amazon on Pre Order itā€™s just a case of cancelling the order you no longer require. As for the Target place I have no idea but Iā€™m sure it will be a similar case. As Sue has pointed out contact them via email and say you wish to cancel whichever one you no longer need. Iā€™m sure you wont have a problem, as no doubt this album will come out just in time for the Christmas rush !!!.

Thankfully the Carpenters didnā€™t do the ā€œTwelfth of Neverā€ as that may well have been a good album title !!.

Just think, if the vinyl actually gets released on June 21, 2019, that's only 133 days away from the one-year anniversary of the first digital single release!

I find it funny that it's now the "norm" to refer to records as "vinyls." To me the right term will always be LPs. Takes less work to type it.

Anyway, that was just a side thought . Back to your ongoing delivery frustrations.

Language changes and evolves. It always has.

LP tends to mean "album" to me, and an album can be on any format. The CLOSE TO YOU LP can be had on CD or cassette or even reel to reel as far as I'm concerned.

The term vinyl has a sort-of "smooth" connotation about it somehow, and is perhaps why it's become a favored descriptor.

So excited for the white vinyl to be shipping tomorrow and the litho. The website still says tomorrow and Iā€™ve never got an email to say anything has changed.
Post automatically merged:

Oh it looks like I was looking at an old bookmarked link. I see the website was updated to June 21

Last edited:
I emailed the website and they replied this morning that they were expecting to ship the vinyl and lithograph around June 21st. That I would get an email confirmation when it ships. So hopefully before July 4th when itā€™s 110 here. I hope they package it very well.

Wonder why some are still getting the Lithograph and some not. I ordered from the official store in November so it canā€™t be that I ordered late? I wonder if itā€™s whether you ordered USA store or rest of world. Anyone?

Actually this evening I got an email from the ā€œOfficial Carpenters Storeā€ stating my order will be shipping on June 21. I received my CD and lithograph months ago. They donā€™t owe me anything else. I wonder what they plan to ship to me on June 21?

I got the same email at 5:00 pm today confirming shipping on Jun 21 although I ordered the white vinyl and litho. So 2 more months...this is becoming the most anticipated vinyl release EVER!! :laugh:

I sure hope this white vinyl has better sonics than the Carpenters Collected White 2 LP set released in late 2017.
I expect to be blown away...hoping the delay is because they want to get this right?

On a positive note...I've finally heard just how good white vinyl can sound (when pressed correctly) I got this limited edition white vinyl not long ago...pressed back in 2015 this one happened to be released by Sire Records and pressed on the Korda Records label sub label Shelflife Records. It's absolutely beautiful...warm sounding with rich highs and nice bass...really outshines the CD version.

I received a second email this afternoon confirming 6/21. Hopefully they are really checking to make sure the center hole is actually in the center, big enough to fit on the spindle and all the loud popping removed from the playback, unlike the box set.
Still suffering from that hot mess. Fingers crossed, and it will be with the wait if they get it right this time.

This is my first experience at purchasing from universal EU and I must say I will be going the Amazon route next time! Iā€™ve just been checking to see if my order delivery date has changed and noticed the black vinyl is saying...
ā€œBuy nowā€
Iā€™m presuming the black vinyl has not yet been released!

Actually this evening I got an email from the ā€œOfficial Carpenters Storeā€ stating my order will be shipping on June 21. I received my CD and lithograph months ago. They donā€™t owe me anything else. I wonder what they plan to ship to me on June 21?
I got the same email, although I have already received my order too...

This is my first experience at purchasing from universal EU and I must say I will be going the Amazon route next time! Iā€™ve just been checking to see if my order delivery date has changed and noticed the black vinyl is saying...
ā€œBuy nowā€
Iā€™m presuming the black vinyl has not yet been released!

I have ordered many times from Universals? ā€œSound Of Vinylā€ website and never had an issue with any of my orders over recent years, contact via email though seems to be quite difficult to achieve and I never understand why they make contact details so hard to find on such websites!.

Reactions: Sue
What could be the true reasons why the vinyl has had 4 delays since it was first announced?
I know we are all guessing but it doesn't take this long to have recordings pressed to vinyl and the artwork is already set. I keep thinking in my head that there are these inspectors with pens in their shirt pocket going around making sure the quality is being pressed correctly :laugh:...we know that's just a myth.

Maybe samples are being given to Richard and he has not approved them? I'd doubt that because it doesn't take that long for that. I find it hard to believe they could still be tinkering with adding corrections to the original release making the "vinyl" the final corrected version. I mean vinyl is not a medium the mass market would be buying for this type release so that doesn't seem like a reason.

Has the opportunity been missed to impact the most sales possible from a vinyl release with it already being delayed 4 times?
The public has probably moved on and may no longer even want the vinyl.

Last edited:
Hard to say, but I wish they would be more forthcoming with info as to what's happening. It's poor customer service to not give a "why" for a delay.

Hard to say, but I wish they would be more forthcoming with info as to what's happening. It's poor customer service to not give a "why" for a delay.
Only 1 of my emails from them mentioned it was due to "production delays" but that email was dated Feb 7, 2019 saying they expect it to now ship on March 15. The email I got in April doesn't say anything about why just that it has been moved to June release. Do production delays take 4 months? Just seems like there has to be other reasons.

Basically, I feel they shouldnā€™t have announced it was coming out on vinyl until it was pressed, checked and ready to go. I personally donā€™t think they are being fair to us as fans. Iā€™d rather have not have known it was coming out then to have 4 delays. Itā€™s like ā€œoh itā€™s only a few weeks away!ā€, excitement then resignation to more waiting!. Really is annoying. I buy loads of new records (as in one or two albums per week ) and none are delayed apart from this one?. If they say itā€™s coming out it should be out. Simple for me really!. Obviously albums are being re issued in mounting numbers week by week, there is a lot of competition for pressing plants and the big names get priority (those who are guaranteed to sell mega units such as The Pink Floyd etc). Also big labels get priority and if you want anything pressing these days you have to book your spot months before the album is due to come out, I think this is the reason for the delays. CDs are far easier to get out and it doesnā€™t take much planning but vinyl is a different ballgame entirely.
Maybe whoever negotiated with the Pressing Plant left it to late?. The corresponding delay is purely and simply that there isnā€™t any free pressing slot at the moment.

Last edited:
And why this Carpenters release? Do All Umg releases happen like this? Waiting for months for the vinyl.

Well it looks like the wait is even going to be longer.....
According to Amazon and Barns&Noble the release date is pushed back to July 19th, 2019. Target still says June 21st for now.
This is very frustrating. UMG get your act together!!!!!

Well it looks like the wait is even going to be longer.....
According to Amazon and Barns&Noble the release date is pushed back to July 19th, 2019. Target still says June 21st for now.
This is very frustrating. UMG get your act together!!!!!
Wow thatā€™s crazy!!
Iā€™m seriously thinking of just cancelling my order of the LE white vinyl with signed litho. Itā€™s like the longer I wait the more I realize I probably donā€™t need it as I have 2 CDs already. I also already have this print framed and I can always order the white vinyl later after itā€™s been released if that ever occurs.

CD Japan had a vinyl release date of June 22, 2019 and now says itā€™s not available. The new high tech cdā€™s get released there on June 26th. Probably not worth buying for now.

Back
Top Bottom