Slick. Remakes. And songs we wish Herb would cover.

Rim Kasputis

I am enjoying Herbs remake of Slick. I have always thought that the 60's tune: Concrete and Clay written by Brian Parker and Tommy Mueller, would be a great tune for Herb to cover. Wishful thinking.... In the meantime, I recorded a version of it as one of my lockdown projects. Click on the link below if you would like to hear it.
All the best. Rim Kasputis.

I am enjoying Herbs remake of Slick. I have always thought that the 60's tune: Concrete and Clay written by Brian Parker and Tommy Mueller, would be a great tune for Herb to cover. Wishful thinking.... In the meantime, I recorded a version of it as one of my lockdown projects. Click on the link below if you would like to hear it.

Nice job! Are you playing trumpet live there, or is it a 'GarageBand' sound or similar? Did you do the complete arrangement? I like the guitar in the background, too. It does sound very Herb & TJB.

Nice job! Are you playing trumpet live there, or is it a 'GarageBand' sound or similar? Did you do the complete arrangement? I like the guitar in the background, too. It does sound very Herb & TJB.
Ah! You're obviously playing! I just saw your 'Romantika' release from 1982, on Discogs. Is that you? Anyway, I like your version of 'Concrete and Clay'. Sounds brilliant. So that's a complete, live band on the recording?

Hi Another Son. Yes. I am playing trumpet live on a Chicago Benge. I play accordion live as well, all other instruments were played by me on Alesis synth. Drums were programmed on EZDrummer. Yes I did the arrangement. (It was a long quarantine). The Romantika release is an LP I recorded in 1982 that was an ethnic pop music release;it did feature 2 of my original trumpet compositions- Late Blossom and Slapshot. Thanks so much for listening!

Hi Another Son. Yes. I am playing trumpet live on a Chicago Benge. I play accordion live as well, all other instruments were played by me on Alesis synth. Drums were programmed on EZDrummer. Yes I did the arrangement. (It was a long quarantine). The Romantika release is an LP I recorded in 1982 that was an ethnic pop music release;it did feature 2 of my original trumpet compositions- Late Blossom and Slapshot. Thanks so much for listening!
I enjoyed listening - just played this to some friends. You are highly-skilled. I notice on the internet that one of your main instruments is the piano.

I know that the late Chet Baker did the remake of The Statler Brothers 1965 song "Flowers On The Wall". I wonder if Herb can do that remake??

Herb did "Flowers On The Wall" on the LOST TREASURES CD that was released by Shout Factory back in the 2000's.

Very nice, Rim! And welcome back --it's been a while since I've seen you post here.

--Mr Bill

Thanks Mr. Bill. I'm one of those who reads posts weekly but gets into a non post rut. There has to be a name for that. Anyway, I'll try to show up more often.....

Impressive. I don't listen to the radio much anymore, but I wonder if WBGO in New York would play this.

Thanks Mr. Bill. I'm one of those who reads posts weekly but gets into a non post rut...

I've been in the same boat for a while. I pop in everyday, but most of the time I feel I have nothing to say (or at least nothing that would at anything of value to the discussion). When I DO, I will post. Our dear Capt B. left for the same reasons, but I think just going away completely is really silly, even if you see the same questions over and over (which was the reason he gives for leaving).

Most of my posts go to the private moderator forum where we all discuss things like travel plans, car issues and techiwe stuff where we rely on each other for explanation (mainly from Rudy, our tech guru)

--Mr Bill

I mentioned on another thread...Happy Hour from Lost Treasures. Expand the solos, pad it out to about three minutes.

Listen to Your Heart, by Paul Anka
Please Explain by Burt Bacharach

I would love a remake of Fox Hunt
I would love a remake of No Time For Time

I would really love for him to team up with Jonas Gwangwa for a Masekela tribute tune - anything from the stuff they all did together

Back
Top Bottom