1979 Christmas Single

What would you have released as the 1979 Christmas single?

• Home For The Holidays

• Little Altar Boy

• Do You Hear What I Hear?

• He Came Here For Me

• What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?

• I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day

Results are only viewable after voting.
Beautiful thought.

Wow! Great idea and it’s perfect for Karen’s range, too. My family and I have owned every incarnation of Bing’s ‘Merry Christmas’ album from the Decca 78s through the Decca and MCA LPs and tapes, CDs and now streaming versions. It’s as much a part of Christmas with my family as Santa Claus.

I wish these type polls showed whose user name voted for each entry on the actual poll at the top. It would be a nice feature to see at a glance who voted for which. That way even if someone doesn't place a comment their vote will still show with their user name next to that song.

I wish these type polls showed whose user name voted for each entry on the actual poll at the top. It would be a nice feature to see at a glance who voted for which. That way even if someone doesn't place a comment their vote will still show with their user name next to that song.

That is an option when setting up polls. It's a check box that says "Display votes publicly."

I chose HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS as it is an enjoyable, fun song evoking memories......the second one I would have chosen would be WHAT ARE YOU DOING NEW YEAR'S EVE as it was the eve to 1980....similar to Abba's HAPPY NEW YEAR

This is fascinating ... just when I thought I knew everything about the Carpenters Christmas projects ... I had no idea that a 1979 single had been planned. I guessing it didn't happen because RC was in rehab?

Personally I think Do You Hear What I Hear would be the one - and I love Richard's vocal on the first verse; it's a great performance and reminds the casual listener that there are two Carpenters!

I choose "Home For The Holidays" because it has that nice "jolly-festive" feeling to it. I would choose "Toyland" sung by Richard Carpenter on side B because it sounds so "melancholy". Another felling everyone gets during the holidays.

Danny

Back
Top Bottom