(2001) Petula Clark and Richard Carpenter - For All We Know, I Need To Be In Love & ...

This was posted Oct. 6, 2022, on Billy Rees' Youtube channel. Featuring Richard, Petula Clark, and Lou Rawls. Someone commented: "The video was recorded from Petula's concert performances in Chrysler Hall in Norfolk, Virginia, on May 20-21, 2001, as part of the Virginia Arts Festival." I have no idea of the source of the video whether from broadcast TV or DVD.

This was fabulous and thanks for sharing. Lived in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach area for over 20 years and attended numerous events at Chrysler Hall and Norfolk Scope. Richard was amazing and I've always admired Petula Clark going back to the release of "Downtown" when I was just a youngster!

I was the one who commented on the YouTube video. The source appears to be the DVD of the PBS broadcast, "Petula Clark - A Sign of the Times." The original broadcast aired about six months after the performance, during the December 2001 pledge season for PBS.

Absolutely brilliant performance by Richard of "For All We Know" - Karen's vocal of this song is so compelling and mesmerizing that we sometimes forget just how beautiful the melody is - thanks for posting!

It's interesting to see Richard sing all these songs that we normally associate with Karen...he usually gives us a different perspective on it. I also saw a video online somewhere of him doing an acoustic rendition of "I Need To Be In Love" with him just playing the piano at home and singing.

Back
Top Bottom