2012 Alpert Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
11 May 2012
Herb Alpert & Lani Hall, American arts philanthropists par excellence, oversee 2012 Alpert Awards
Category: Dance, Film, Music, Theater, Visual arts | Tags: herb alpert, lani hall, the alpert awards, the alpert foundation
0993-Herb-Alpert-and-Lani-Hall-by-Scott-Groller-CalArts1.jpg
The Herb Alpert Foundation and California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) have awarded the 18th annual Alpert Award in the Arts to five exceptional mid–career artists. The award, a prize of $75,000, recognizes past performance and future promise to artists working in Dance, Film/Video, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts. Herb Alpert, the legendary musician and artist who created the Herb Alpert Foundation with his wife Lani Hall and gave the first Alpert Award in the Arts in 1995, says, “All of this year’s winners represent the essence of the Alpert Award. They take aesthetic, intellectual and political risks, and challenge worn-out conventions. They’re unafraid of the unknown.”​
0422-Kevin-Everson-Nora-Chipaumire-Herb-Alpert-Myra-Melford-Eisa-Davis-and-Michael-Smith-by-Scott-Groller-CalArts.jpg
The 2012 Alpert Awardees are:
  • Nora Chipaumire, Dance
  • Eisa Davis, Theatre
  • Kevin Everson, Film/Video
  • Myra Melford, Music
  • Michael Smith, Visual Arts
http://artsmeme.com/2012/05/11/herb-alpert-lani-hall-arts-philanthropists/

That Alpert Awards website is pretty cool. I like the design of it. Classy and offbeat, slightly confusing layout at first but really a lot of information there, neatly presented.

And I want that t-shirt Herb is wearing. :D

I agree the CalArts site is pretty neat--I usually take a glance at it every so often. :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom