2015/2016/2017 Reissues Available as Downloads

..but after returning again to Amazon there are titles available for my Kindle- seems like a parallel Amazon download page, very strange...

Also: Sometimes you'll actually end up paying more for the downloads to complete an entire album than if you just bought a physical copy in the first place.
Or, you pay more to download individual tracks than if you'd have downloaded the entire album in the first place. If it is an artist I like, I likely would take a chance on downloading a whole album vs. buying a track or two at a time.
Actually the message says no downloads available for this device, period, a Kindle Fire HD, after I'd been getting them for months...
The Kindles have had some software updates in recent months--that could have had something to do with it.

I received the twitter from the Alpert site about it, today. How interesting, Are all the TJB albums complete in CD format?

Indeed, life IS good. And it has been a LONG time coming! I'm 47 years old, and I don't remember a time when ALL 16 TJB albums were available simultaneously.

Indeed, life IS good. And it has been a LONG time coming! I'm 47 years old, and I don't remember a time when ALL 16 TJB albums were available simultaneously.
I agree im 49 myself and to me having all the TJB albums availible and in print is wonderfully "UNPRECIDENTED"! Indeed.

It is indeed unprecedented to have this many Herb Alpert albums all available at the same time. Even a scant ten years into the label's existence, a few of Herb's albums were already dropped from the catalog. Witness the 1972 compilation SOLID BRASS, which lists S.R.O., SOUNDS LIKE, HERB ALPERT'S NINTH, WARM, THE BRASS ARE COMIN', and SUMMERTIME as "(This album no longer available.)"

Indeed, the whole purpose of SOLID BRASS was likely to keep the *best* tracks from those albums out in the marketplace, while deleting the full albums that they're from. The surprise to me was always SUMMERTIME as it came out in 1971 and was deleted by 1972. And it's remained deleted for the last 43-44 years!

Last edited:
It is indeed unprecedented to have this many Herb Alpert albums all available at the same time. Even a scant ten years into the label's existence, a few of Herb's albums were already dropped from the catalog. Witness the 1972 compilation SOLID BRASS, which lists S.R.O., SOUNDS LIKE, HERB ALPERT'S NINTH, WARM, THE BRASS ARE COMIN', and SUMMERTIME as "(This album no longer available.)"

That was on the CD only. My LP did not have that "no longer available" on it.

Indeed, the whole purpose of SOLID BRASS was likely to keep the *best* tracks from those albums out in the marketplace, while deleting the full albums that they're from. The surprise to me was always SUMMERTIME as it came out in 1971 and was deleted by 1972. And it's remained deleted for the last 43-44 years!

Gotta disagree with you on that. I picked up Summertime in a record store the same day I got You Smile - The Song Begins a couple of weeks after release in 1974.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Crap. You're right. I was looking at the CD version. The LP version doesn't state that. I've stricken my errant comments from the record.

I was confusing it with the LP version of GREATEST HITS VOLUME II that listed a bunch of tracks as being from either out-of-print albums or being from SOLID BRASS. Sorry about that. A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

Last edited:
I was about to say, "Hey, I think MY Solid Brass had those "no longer available" notes on it, but then when you mention GH Vol. 2, I remember that was the one I was thinking of. (I'm nearing 60, so this type of thing is bound to happen more and more often...)

That was on the CD only. My LP did not have that "no longer available" on it.

Gotta disagree with you on that. I picked up Summertime in a record store the same day I got You Smile - The Song Begins a couple of weeks after release in 1974.
[/QUOTE]
I had a mid 80s vinyl reissue of Solid Brass A&M SP 3268 and it did list which albums as "No Longer availible" so although it didnt appear on the original vinyl issue it was added on subsequent reissues and carried over to the CD issue ( which i have today that replaced my worn vinyl copy)

Just to bump this a bit, I added more sources for downloads. They are in post #2 in this thread as well. To quote:

For high-res lossless downloads, you can find these at HDTracks, Acoustic Sounds, 7Digital, and at Qobuz (for EU/UK customers).

For CD-resolution lossless downloads, these are found at Qobuz, 7Digital, and the Tidal Store (you do not need to be a Tidal subscriber to purchase.)

Lossy downloads (MP3, M4A, etc.) can be found at the usual places like Amazon, Google Play Store, iTunes, etc.

Streaming versions are available on Tidal, Spotify, Google Play Store, Apple Music, and others.

If you find other digital onlines sources, feel free to add them at the bottom of this thread, and I will update this post.​

As I mentioned elsewhere I purchased many of downloads and they sound the best they can be.and it's fun playing them on the shuffle mode

There is almost no market for the mono versions, and we don't even know if those tapes exist anymore (likely not). ... The unique mono tracks would have made nice bonus tracks, however.

Of course you're right, that's why I have finally managed to get the two radio station only mono albums and the UK mono release of Sounds Tijuana. With those three professionally dubbed, I basically have a pretty good collection of the original mono singles in excellent sound. Like many other's I've made my own "home brew" collection. I feel the vinyl used on those albums was better than what was used on the actual singles..

According to Randy, they do have the mono masters.
I remember reading that Randy did mention it elsewhere on the forum .and I think he hinted at possible future releases of them but as he also said he's constantly swamped with projects too so We will wait and see

I wouldn't mind the mono versions myself, but with so few of us collectors compared to the rest of music buyers out there, it's a lot of remastering cost for something that would be a low-volume seller. Nice to have, but I'm happy with what's here already. 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom