🎄 Holidays! 2015 Annual Christmas/Holiday Music Roundup

I hope I'm not the only person around here who is old enough to remember listening to this with their parents on New Year's Eve...

Not all the time, but I do remember it. My dad used to call him Guy Lumbago. :D

I remember that Guy Lombardo seemed to have a 364 day vacation every year and that his rendition of "Auld Lang Syne" was somewhat clichéd by that time (late '50s/early '60s).

It would be good to have a job where you only worked one day a year, and, yes, Guy Lombardo did sound a bit dated to me even as a little kid. We're talking preschool age here in the late 50s. But then again it was the only night when I got to stay up past midnight, so I wasn't going to complain about the entertainment. :wink:

Strangely, the version of "Auld Lang Syne" that comes to mind immediately for me these days is the scene near the end of the 1960 film The Apartment.

I don't have my homework list done yet. But one song that really bugged me for years was "Blue Christmas" by Elvis. That was until I found out they were goofing around in the studio with the vocals, and then decided to keep it. (The arrangement was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.)
And then there's the Porky Pig version that I have to listen to at least once each Christmas season... :D

And then there's the Porky Pig version that I have to listen to at least once each Christmas season... :D
Sounds like something straight off of a Dr. Demento disc. :laugh:

I immediately thought of this for some reason:

Back
Top Bottom