2017 re-releases

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

hi guys,

I was left rather disappointed over the last couple of days, because I wasn't expecting any issues with 3 of the new vinyl releases of the individual albums.
I had bought `close to you`, `a kind of hush` & `the singles 1969-73`
I had opened them when they arrived to check them and visually, they are pristine and perfect, so put them back away in their sleeves, but over the last couple of nights, I decided to give them a spin. I have never heard so many scratches or scratching on a vinyl in all my life, they are terrible!!!!
I thought this issue was confined to the box-set, but it appears the individual albums are suffering as well. I haven't played the singles yet, but in all honesty, I`m dreading it.
I don`t know what`s going on here, but this will be the last time I buy any new stuff, 50th or not. these two are going back and I`ll stick to originals and if I want the top quality, I`ll play my HD cd`s etc :)
I went back to the listing on ebay for `close to you` which I bought on 9th jan and only 1 copy has sold, mine. the damage to sales this lot is causing must be immense .......... really sad!

I`m aware of that thread, but don`t re-call many conversations about the individual releases. most of the conversation has been about the box-sets, but I`m talking about the indivual albums, which I for one, thought were all fine, but appear not to be and just wanted to let everyone know, in case anyone buys them, but listen, if I`m boring anyone, feel free to delete the thread and apologies for bothering you!!!!!

I`m aware of that thread, but don`t re-call many conversations about the individual releases. most of the conversation has been about the box-sets, but I`m talking about the indivual albums, which I for one, thought were all fine, but appear not to be and just wanted to let everyone know, in case anyone buys them, but listen, if I`m boring anyone, feel free to delete the thread and apologies for bothering you!!!!!
It is still unclear where these faulty pressing originated - Europe or USA or whether there was just one plant for a worldwide distribution. I doubt when the pressings were done that they were done in batches just for the box and then another batch for the individual releases. From what I understand, it was poorish vinyl that was used on many of the pressings and these simply came off regardless of whether they were destined for the boxes or not. What concerns or frustrates me is the amount of time that UMG seem to be taking to repress them especially as the problem appeared to come to light several months ago and when that was acknowledged, I believe UMG were quoting 6 to 8 weeks which would have brought it to early Feb. It is now just over two weeks since I destroyed all 12 from the box and I have not heard anything since the acknowledgement that the claim was accepted, so fingers crossed something is forthcoming soon.

Back
Top Bottom